Thread: Electric fan upgrade question

Potential Tuner

Electric fan upgrade question

I upgraded my to electric fans with a Nelson harness. Fans work fine while the engine is running but won?t work when I turn on the a/c. I tried googling for a solution and found that a common problem that has been stated is that a/c pressure setting needs to be adjusted. But when I hook up my cable I can?t adjust the pressure setting on mine. It doesn?t give the option for it.
    Last edited by A4edwin; 06-11-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Tuner
    Have you set the HP Tuners to advanced view from the edit drop down ? I'm sure it's in there
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by A4edwin View Post
    I upgraded my to electric fans with a Nelson harness. Fans work fine while the engine is running but won?t work when I turn on the a/c. I tried googling for a solution and found that a common problem that has been stated is that a/c pressure setting needs to be adjusted. But when I hook up my cable I can?t adjust the pressure setting on mine. It doesn?t give the option for it.
    Look in the System>>Fans. The fan AC pressures are there and like jsf55 mentioned Edit>View> make sure to click Advanced mode.
    Also check the AC tab > Hardware and research what settings apply to your ride.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your fans and AC setting pages.

Tuner in Training
    make sure you select 2 fans, and adjust fan#2 under ac recirculation

Tuner in Training
    What year truck? If its not a 03-04 then you wont have an ac pressure switch to turn the fans on.

Is it possible to run the fans using AC thru the computer without a pressure sensor. Or would it only be possible to just run a relay from the switch.