Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting tune on a car but have DTC code issue after starting MAF ve tune.

Fuses for oxygen sensor look good. Just received New GM knock sensors, new 2000 vette bosch rear oxygen sensors, stock iac, and tps sensor. hoping that clears the codes out when I put them on this weekend so I can properly start the VE Maf tuning. My new problem is after I changed the intake gaskets and cleaned up underneath and installed a oil catch can I am getting a high idle i have been playing around with the throttle follower, throttle cracker, and base running idle air flow and it seems to help alot with the filter on the catch can but when I turn the A/C on it hangs really bad. I also removed the filter and plugged it but when I do that the engine idles where it should but what hold and and wants to stall. My question is should I plug the catch can or have the filter top and what do I need to change to or adjust to stop the idle from hanging especially with the A/C on? Here is my can catch set up. Does it look right?

for some reason i can't up load the image.

I must be missing something about running corvette sensors.

If the catch can is allowed to suck in air that is not metered by the MAF, that is the problem. Sealed catch cans are better and when plumbed right will not change anything airflow related.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I read the oxygen sensors extension sometimes interfere with the connection and talk to a couple a drift friends who run rear vette sensors with headers as there is no extension needed.

Hoping this wakes up my Oxygen sensors and they start reading as I did not find any wires or fuses compromised.

So the new Gm knock sensors and Oxygen sensors are reading now. but as I have been following the hptuners map ve guide book is a little confusing to me and I am unsure of what to do as I have been running the steps and want to know do I not need to high light the entire area of the ve ltft table and copy it over to my primary and ve table? I have done the steps 4 times but am wanting to know after some areas get to within + or 3 do I not select the individual areas on the table that are not + or - 3 then add multiplayer or do I keep doing the steps as the book saids it will level out? Also my idle air flow is lower the my dynamic air flow and i have the knock sensor codes P0327 and p0332 being thrown which I know something is off and I am getting knock. I know I am running rich from the AEM afr as well. I have followed the guiede lines in the book and wonder if I need to subtract instead of multiply by %. Please let me know what you think. also I added a catch can on the car but without the filter It idles where i set it at 750rpm but sometimes wants to drop and I have to give it gas. If I put the catch can filter on it idles at 1000rpm and never drop but I heard read those filter cause vacuum leaks so I am unsure if I need to plug it or not.ve log 1.hplve log 2.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2000Phoenix; 07-12-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Does anyone know how to process to set up the mvpvI2 wide band external sensor in vcm scanner and the afr/Lambda Error Graphs vs VE Table (non virtual ve vehicles) me being in closed look falling the hptuners book has me chasing my tail in the ve tuning and I read this is the easier way. If someone has advise to this please give it. I would appreciate it as I have driven over 30 times and can't get them perfect which seems the claims I have read of people getting them perfectly smooth to zero are not accurate. Also my idle air flow is lower the my dynamic air flow are not even and I am not sure which way to adjust the steps. I used the steps back on found on the hptuners forum back in 2018 for adding the tables and they didn't work. I have an AEM30-03 wide band as well.ve log 6.hplve log 7.hplve scan 8.hplve scan 8.hplve log 9.hplve log 11.hplve log 11.hplve log 12.hplPhoenix tune ve tune 1.hpt
    Last edited by 2000Phoenix; 08-01-2020 at 12:32 AM.