Thread: Dodge RFE questions

Dodge RFE questions

Hello everyone, I've been reading up on the 545RFE trans in my 2008 Dodge Ram, particularly the thread on the 65RFE below. I'm not positive how similar they are in terms of tables, but I wanted to know if anyone knew two things:

In the Transmission > Torque Converter > Apply/Release there are multiple tables for apply and release thresholds, listed 1 through 6 for each. I'm guessing that these might have something to do with the mode chosen (Overdrive, Tow/Haul, No Overdrive, cruise control). Those are the only modes on the PRNDLE that have up to a 5th gear option (2 and 1 are there on the PRNDLE, but I wouldn't expect to see tables for those as the tables go up to 5th gear).

Also, in Transmission > Shift General there are "Offset A" and "Offset B". What do these represent? Since there are only two, they couldn't possibly be the modes.

I am kind of using the tow/haul settings for the main settings, but I tweaked them a bit. Nevertheless, even if I set the numbers exactly the same (Without touching the 1-6 tables I mentioned above and the A & B values here) The shifts are quite abrupt. I think it could be the acceleration offsets since they are different from A to B, or I'm thinking it might be trying to shift with the TCC locked up or something of that nature since there are 6 different settings for the TCC apply/release.

I logged every trans-related PID I could find, but I don't see anything that explains these things.

Thanks for any advice you might have!
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me

Banned
    Your transmission is set to force part lock shifts, will not shift with TCC fully locked.