Thread: 4l60e shifting to early

Potential Tuner

4l60e shifting to early

hello. i have a 1994 chevy s10 with a 2003 5.3 with a cam and a bunch of other stuff i can provide info on if needed for this question. The transmission is the original 94 4l60e the truck came with. the transmission has a tci shift kit,corvette servo, a bigger boost valve, a stronger sun shell,Kevlar clutches and band, and a tci street fighter 3000k stall converter . the pcm is a 0411 out of a 2001 s10 blazer changed over to run a v8. now my problem is i can not seem to get the transmission to listen to my changes in the shift table its always shifting earlier then i want and i keep changing the part throttle normal shift table with little to no effect on the transmission shift speed i have also matched the other tables to the normal table. the transmission is going through the gears to fast and getting into 4th way to early bogging the truck down. i am providing the tune file and my log file. i want to make a note this log starts out with the truck in park then reverse fallowed by drive you see the first run and going through the gears then back to reserve to turn the truck around and drive to go back down the road i notice the commanded gear stays in first in park and reverse now i have no selector switch on the side of the transmission where the cable controls the manual valve but these older transmission did not have that any insight to my problem would be much appreciated as i am at a loss. thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does the engine wiring harness have a plug for the 2001 transmission selector switch? If it does, then the pcm doesn't know what gear it is in. If the 94 trans doesn't have a 40 tooth reluctor wheel and sensor, then it doesn't know how fast it is going either.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    no plug for selector switch tho i can wire something to temperately tell the computer what it is i am doing to see if that is the missing link i believe it is just grounding pins on the pcm but i will have a full understanding of that circuit before doing so as i built the harness and do auto repair for a living but the option is turned off in the tune. my understanding is the transmission pressure switches let the computer know the gear selected and the selector switch is for neutral safety and for the instrument cluster gear indicator on models that have the selector switch. but i am confused as to the 1 in commanded gear when i go through park reverse neutral and then into drive. when the transmission shifts the current gear fallows with the gear it is in. but i felt something is not right with how that is. please correct me if i am wrong with that please. my vss generates a signal that i am logging that seems to match guess on output to speedometer as well as my gps on phone which led me to believe the computer is getting a accurate understanding of the vehicle speed the 40th tooth is what i was told the sensor is reading and all that seems to come out to the right speed on vss in the vcm scanner. thank you for resounding and hopefully this information can lead you to the next thought i want to get out today and get some miles on it but not with how its currently shifting

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bridawg View Post
    hello. i have a 1994 chevy s10 with a 2003 5.3 w.
    ive got a 1994, sounds similar to your build, also with no prndl switch on trans.

uns.jpg

i cant open your 'editor' file, as i get the error show on the picture attached.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    ive got a 1994, sounds similar to your build, also with no prndl switch on trans.

uns.jpg

i cant open your 'editor' file, as i get the error show on the picture attached.
    If you get that message you probably have the latest version (tried to update and it says "no update found",) but this file was edited with a BETA version and you must use a beta to open it. Open both instances (yours and a beta) and copy and paste tables to your stable version to keep using the Editor files in your version of HPT. If you open and save the file in Beta it will need to always be opened in that version or later.