Thread: 2008 Ram 3500 6.7 question

Tuner in Training

Question 2008 Ram 3500 6.7 question

My buddy picked up a very used 08 3500 diesel dually. It has several aftermarket parts tossed at it. They replaced the turbo (non stock) and the engine light is on since there's no connection for exhaust braking now. He would like me to plug in and fix the tire size and see if we can tell it to ignore the sensor for the factory turbo. My big question is about using HP tuners on it since it has a tuner of some sort plugged into it. It looks like maybe it's just a tuner that is plugged into the OBD2 port with a selector dial knob. I don't know if it writes anything to the computer, or just tricks it. He said its a Whitehorse tuner from Terrell Tx

Do you guys think we can unplug that tuner and connect HP tuners to make our adjustments and then plug the tuner back in? I'm a super newb to this stuff, I'm not trying to make any performance tuning or anything. I just figured it's gonna be easy to use my software to fix his speedo and get rid of the engine light.

Thanks in advance for any advice. This truck will likely be handed down to his daughters, they are already fighting over who gets to drive it, so we are just trying to clean it up
    02 Silverado 1500 Reg Cab stepside, 4.8L, longtubes, 3" exh. Someday a 6.0/4L80E
    16 Denali 3500 CCLB Dually. Stock for a while

Banned
    It?s a SOTF switch plugged into the OBD2 port, not a tuner. Likely EFILive was used to tune it. If you want corrections made and still retain whatever tuning is currently loaded in it, contact Whitehorse Tuning and Dyno and talk to them for what can be done. If you flash anything into it with HP Tuners you will just be overwriting what is currently flashed in the ECM.