Thread: AEM wideband 30-4110 scanner vs gauge

Tuner in Training

AEM wideband 30-4110 scanner vs gauge

My AFR values on the scanner are off by 0.5 compare to the gauge (~14.4 on the gauge and ~14.8/14.9 on the scanner). Any way to scale it on VCM scanner so they match?
    2012 CTS-V BDT, Auto, Every Option | Lingefelter 2.55" UP | DW65 Injectors | C&R HX | Pierburg CWA100 | 90mm TB | Airaid CF Intake with Green Filter | Lingefelter 160deg T-Stat | 534whp/503tq
    2002 C5 Z06 Quick Silver, AR Headers, Borla Axle Back, A&A Kit

Senior Tuner
    See if this helps:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    See if this helps:
    thanks that helped
    2012 CTS-V BDT, Auto, Every Option | Lingefelter 2.55" UP | DW65 Injectors | C&R HX | Pierburg CWA100 | 90mm TB | Airaid CF Intake with Green Filter | Lingefelter 160deg T-Stat | 534whp/503tq

Tuner in Training
    the other issues I am having now is that AFRs in HPtuners is scanning much faster than the gauge. Is there a way to slow the raster down a bit so the gauge and HPtuners match in scanning speed? I have a hard time keeping an eye on the one on hptuners due to the very fast movement, where as the gauge it is much easier.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06nV View Post
    the other issues I am having now is that AFRs in HPtuners is scanning much faster than the gauge. Is there a way to slow the raster down a bit so the gauge and HPtuners match in scanning speed? I have a hard time keeping an eye on the one on hptuners due to the very fast movement, where as the gauge it is much easier.
    Read the gauge where it's holding at some point and then hit the space bar on the laptop immediately to stop scanning. That will show you if they were the same at the time or need offset adjustment. Don't know any way to slow the readings.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Read the gauge where it's holding at some point and then hit the space bar on the laptop immediately to stop scanning. That will show you if they were the same at the time or need offset adjustment. Don't know any way to slow the readings.
    ok good point will try that...I tried recording the gauge and laptop with my phone and see if I can see the difference

Tuner in Training
    Same issue on my 30-4110 - using the exact formulas for 30-4110 in the VCM scanner and the scanner reads .6-.7 AFR leaner than the what the gauge is reading - no difference if at idle or in PE enrichment. I've grounded them to the same source rather than the MPVI2 pro through the OBD port and no difference.

Should I adjust the scanner formula, so it reflects what the gauge is reading or do we think the gauge is reading richer than it actually is? Being boosted I don't want to be reading artificially rich in the scanner when logging.