Thread: Injector balance test.

Injector balance test.

Looking for info on doing a contribution test. Not having any luck with finding anything about this or how to do it. The software has so many options I assume im just missing the one I need. Would like to set this up on a custom gauge setup so I can do contribution tests all the time. Any info would be appreciated. Truck is an 04 f350 with a 6.0. Thanks in advance,
    Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by hardbodyindustries View Post
    Looking for info on doing a contribution test. Not having any luck with finding anything about this or how to do it. The software has so many options I assume im just missing the one I need. Would like to set this up on a custom gauge setup so I can do contribution tests all the time. Any info would be appreciated. Truck is an 04 f350 with a 6.0. Thanks in advance,
    Taylor
    If you're asking if the HPT scanner can do what the Ford VCM tool with IDS can do for cylinder contribution testing no you can't.

The question is why??? It's literally the most useful test and should have been one of the first things in the scanner for the 6.0 powerstroke. How do request something be added???? Seems as though it's been requested several times.

Quote Originally Posted by hardbodyindustries View Post
    The question is why??? It's literally the most useful test and should have been one of the first things in the scanner for the 6.0 powerstroke. How do request something be added???? Seems as though it's been requested several times.
    Send a request through HPtuners support. If the hardware can handle it and they can implement it.. They will add it in due time.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    I had the same issue. Only IDS will do this unfortunately. Find someone local who has one. If HPT can implement this, that would be awesome.

Tuner in Training
    If someone sent them autoenginuity scan tool. And let them decide it. I am positive they can figure out how to add that feature. It's built into the pcm itself. The scan tool just activates it and reads results.

This would be a game changer for hp tuners. I know hundreds of guys that buy AE specifically for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jae30001 View Post
    If someone sent them autoenginuity scan tool. And let them decide it. I am positive they can figure out how to add that feature. It's built into the pcm itself. The scan tool just activates it and reads results.

This would be a game changer for hp tuners. I know hundreds of guys that buy AE specifically for that.
    The hardware has to be able to have the capability to handle the functions as well, this is actually the reason why Forscan hasnt implemented cylinder contribution yet.

Majority of everyone has only a basic Chinese elm327 and doesnt have a ford vcmii or j2534 compliant device laying around.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    The hardware has to be able to have the capability to handle the functions as well, this is actually the reason why Forscan hasnt implemented cylinder contribution yet.

Majority of everyone has only a basic Chinese elm327 and doesnt have a ford vcmii or j2534 compliant device laying around.
    I don't think it'd be that hard to figure out. I "assume" they determine relative compression by a few things, Crank angle degrees over time, vs starter current draw during the compression stroke = relative comp. It maybe a little more complicated than that but not much. Ford just has a very good baseline to model against to know what is "80%" or 50% compression. You'd need the baseline data before being able to just implement one.

Injector balance test and is able to cancel individual cylinders

Don't hold your breath, I've been talkin to HP Tuners about just getting the ability to see the FICM voltage on the Scanner since April! The told me to check back with them time to time, Lol I have an Autel Maxicom Mk808bt and it does the Injector balance test and is able to cancel individual cylinders, it's a really good low cost handheld.

https://www.amazon.com/MK808BT-Diagn...a-528590569398