Thread: TrackAddict + MPVI2 = more data?

Tuner in Training

TrackAddict + MPVI2 = more data?

Can I collect / broadcast more data than I would get through another bluetooth OBD module by using the MPVI2 with TrackAddict?

I'm looking to get knock data, oil pressure and other data that I don't see with my current generic bluetooth module.

Potential Tuner
    I have a C5 Corvette and I am able to log more items, not everything, but more items than I was able to with a traditional BT device.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozshey View Post
    I have a C5 Corvette and I am able to log more items, not everything, but more items than I was able to with a traditional BT device.
    I also have a C5... can you tell me whta extra items you are able to see and log?

Yes, TrackAddict has included some enhanced parameters for GM vehicles. These were developed prior to the inclusion of HP Tuners IP, so they are more limited and generic than what you'd find in VCM Scanner, and are provided on an as-is basis. We also have an MPVI2 firmware update coming that will greatly expand upon this for MPVI2 users, but I don't have a date nailed down for that yet...

In the meantime, there are two ways to access what TrackAddict has today:

1) Use an MPVI2 with TrackAddict for Android. This is a free bonus for our MPVI2 users.

2) Use the "Pro" version of TrackAddict for iOS. Note that 3rd party devices may have varying success with these enhanced parameters.

Here's the list of GM parameters that we'll try to detect in the current version of TrackAddict (as of July 1, 2020). What's actually available or working from this list will vary depending on the vehicle:
    Code:
    Accelerator Pedal position
    Brake Pedal: off/soft/hard
    Clutch Pedal
    Oil Temp
    Barometric Pressure
    Commanded Air/Fuel Ratio
    Knock Retard
    Cycles Without Emission Fault
    Cycles Without Other Fault
    Mileage Since Code Clear
    Fuel Level
    Oil Pressure
    Transmission Fluid Temp
    Gear number and/or ratio
    Steering Wheel Angle (early C7 Corvettes, maybe some others)
    Individual Wheel Speeds (early C7 Corvettes, maybe some others)
    High-Res Vehicle Speed (early C7 Corvettes, maybe some others)

Advanced Tuner
    I got an MPVI2 today and none of the GM params show up in TA with my C5 Corvette. Using an OBDLink device and other apps I've been able to define some of these params such as KR, commanded AFR, oil pressure, fuel level, TFT, etc.

Maybe it's just not setup to work with my OS? Any other ideas or updates when we might see the full fledged MPVI2 firmware update?

It's a P59, OS is 12587603

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    I got an MPVI2 today and none of the GM params show up in TA with my C5 Corvette. Using an OBDLink device and other apps I've been able to define some of these params such as KR, commanded AFR, oil pressure, fuel level, TFT, etc.

Maybe it's just not setup to work with my OS? Any other ideas or updates when we might see the full fledged MPVI2 firmware update?

It's a P59, OS is 12587603
    I responded in the other thread, but the lack of these legacy enhanced params for VPW cars with the MPVI2 would seem to be a bug, so I'm looking into that...

Our long-awaited firmware update for enhanced datalogging is getting close, and the big stuff is done at this point. A bunch of stuff that I was waiting on just got turned over to me yesterday, so I'm working through a list of hopefully-final tasks to get this into internal testing and/or Alpha in the coming weeks. There will be another Android TrackAddict update to support the MPVI2 data broadcasts, most likely being offered as a separate mode from the current OBD options.

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome, can't wait. Opening up track addict to params similar to what's available I'm vcm scanner was a huge selling point for me.

Collecting data on track

Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, TrackAddict has included some enhanced parameters for GM vehicles. These were developed prior to the inclusion of HP Tuners IP, so they are more limited and generic than what you'd find in VCM Scanner, and are provided on an as-is basis. We also have an MPVI2 firmware update coming that will greatly expand upon this for MPVI2 users, but I don't have a date nailed down for that yet...

In the meantime, there are two ways to access what TrackAddict has today:

1) Use an MPVI2 with TrackAddict for Android. This is a free bonus for our MPVI2 users.

2) Use the "Pro" version of TrackAddict for iOS. Note that 3rd party devices may have varying success with these enhanced parameters.

Here's the list of GM parameters that we'll try to detect in the current version of TrackAddict (as of July 1, 2020). What's actually available or working from this list will vary depending on the vehicle:
    Code:
    Accelerator Pedal position
    Brake Pedal: off/soft/hard
    Clutch Pedal
    Oil Temp
    Barometric Pressure
    Commanded Air/Fuel Ratio
    Knock Retard
    Cycles Without Emission Fault
    Cycles Without Other Fault
    Mileage Since Code Clear
    Fuel Level
    Oil Pressure
    Transmission Fluid Temp
    Gear number and/or ratio
    Steering Wheel Angle (early C7 Corvettes, maybe some others)
    Individual Wheel Speeds (early C7 Corvettes, maybe some others)
    High-Res Vehicle Speed (early C7 Corvettes, maybe some others)
    I?m looking to upgrade my obdlink Mx Bluetooth to the MPVI2 and am interested in logging tranny fluid temps on track with my 06 Corvette
    Is this possible?
    Thanks!