Thread: Throttle cut at 5.8k

Throttle cut at 5.8k

Please take a look
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post the tune associated with the log file, makes it easier to answer questions. With that, what is your actual question? I see you hit 6k+.

Also, what location are you in? I am fortunate to never have the IAT battle you might have.

Tuner
    Pressure ratio maps are the main issue here. He cut throttle before with stock pressure ratio maps at 17 psi now he can hold ~18 psi up top without cut after editing the PR map.

He's located in TX. IAT was 110?F +
    Last edited by trdtoy; 06-18-2020 at 12:57 PM.

new log with Overboost disabled.

OB enabled same PR limit, you see overboost being a pita.

Tuner
    Checked the logs. Overboost can be finicky but really does need to be gone and sort the other maps out to make it do what you want it to without throttle cut.

I can tell you're down on power some though due to the timing curve. Losing power through the whole curve but especially 4.7k+ rpm it fluctuates a bit. I know why without seeing the tune maps but I'll see if you can figure it out first. :-)

Boost is back in my control. Now just to clean it up. I can only do these pulls at 6 am here in TX until I start on cooling mods.

6_22_20.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by trdtoy View Post
    Checked the logs. Overboost can be finicky but really does need to be gone and sort the other maps out to make it do what you want it to without throttle cut.

I can tell you're down on power some though due to the timing curve. Losing power through the whole curve but especially 4.7k+ rpm it fluctuates a bit. I know why without seeing the tune maps but I'll see if you can figure it out first. :-)
    I did pull some timing out of my map early on when I was on stock plugs because I was getting some knock, but I think what you are seeing is me hitting my load limits. Which until I get my boost curve ideal i want to leave at 220. Its crazy how many maps I am probably missing. Every-time you find something, I am completely unaware because I dont have the map you are referencing

high iats killin me but boost is about where i want it. just want more spool but scared lol6_22_20b.hpl