Thread: Disable COT? VE Tuning

Tuner

Disable COT? VE Tuning

I've attacted a screet shot of the COT tab. I'm doing the VE tuning right now and have LTFT disabled since everything is within +9 -5. Disabled DFCO and set PP up to 6000rpm. When I do VE tuning I know to try not to go into PE mode. Anything else I should know? This is the second time I'm doing this but I wanna get it spot on this time.

Advanced Tuner
    If you don't care about your cat, just max it. BUT be warned you WILL need to get a new cat. I punched mine out a few months ago cause it clogged and wouldn't run. Then bought a 3" CTI downpipe + highflow cat, I had an exhaust leak AND I kept smelling burning something , but not cat smell so I just went back to stock cause I'd rather not burn out that one
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

Tuner
    Well I don't want to wreck the cat cuz I just put a highflow on. So do I just disable PP, DFCO and try not to go into PE mode? I'm doing the STFT narrowband method because I don't trust my wideband. It seems to stay around 14.4 at idle and cruise when it should be around 14.7. It's been like that since the first day I got it.

Advanced Tuner
    Is it an LC-1?? free air calibrated? Well you will be fine running without COT, you won't be doing any hard core runs. If you run a bunch of PE runs you'll start smelling the cat lol. Good luck. Btw you should try one more time and get your LTFT down a little closer, it'll make STFT tuning even faster.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

Tuner
    No it's not the LC-1, it's the NGK/NTK Wideband. Supose to be .01 accurate but I guess not, unless my cars O2 sensor is bad. So I don't wanna go into PE right? I'm only doing the VE since it makes the car smoother when I run it with the MAF. I did max the COT temp vs altitude table in the screen shot above but it made the car always run around 10:1 to 11:1 even at idle so that must be the wrong way to do it. How high in the RPM range should I try to log to adjust the VE table? Also do you smooth selection after each run?

Also, if you want: To have it not enter PE, just turn it off. Just set the MAP to 640kPa, like so: