Thread: 2017 vs 2018 6.7 Tuning

Tuner in Training

2017 vs 2018 6.7 Tuning

Has anyone compared the stock file from a 2017 with the stock file from a 2018 (both in the tune repository)? The cruise area specifically is pretty different considering the trucks are mechanically the same. In general the 2017 runs more timing, 6* in some cases. If I understand correctly the reduced timing on the 2018-2019 trucks reduces NOx production at the expense of fuel economy and soot production, so this was probably an emissions related change? This same difference is even more pronounced between the truck/chassis cab tuning granted the turbo is smaller so that might be related.
    Last edited by mjsmith2; 06-17-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I know the 19s had a recall done but i havent compared pre and post recall. Wonder if they changed it then.

Post these files that are different, you may have a modded file as I've only seen minor changes between 17's and 18's in basically the two areas they make more peak torque and peak power by upping boost a tiny bit, adding a tiny amount of timing and fuel
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 06-21-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Tuner in Training
    The two files in question are in the tune repository.

2017 f250 engine stock.hpt Here is a stock 17 truck file, that file appears to be a 2017 cab and chassis file

Tuner in Training
    jaeger you seem to have a pretty good handle on things how can you upload files for the repository i would like to add stock files to help anyone whom made need i have access to many model year ford diesels and gasers including brand new units

Quote Originally Posted by dieselmedic View Post
    jaeger you seem to have a pretty good handle on things how can you upload files for the repository i would like to add stock files to help anyone whom made need i have access to many model year ford diesels and gasers including brand new units
    This i do not know, I've never tried to do it. I say send in a support ticket and see what they say.

Yes I have compared the files and trucks, and its almost like clockwork when I have them on the dyno, a 2017 will run 30-50hp higher than any 2018 I have tested, these are directly off the showroom floor with zero modifications, I also think hp is missing some tables for these trucks on the torque management/ torque requested side of things.