Thread: Closed Loop Fueling adjustments 04 Jeep 4.0

Closed Loop Fueling adjustments 04 Jeep 4.0

I have got my base setup and the jeep runs good with close loop disabled. I am trying to figure out if there is anyway to adjust close loop fueling. Trying to make it richer on boost tip in. Even with the map threshold lowered below boost, it still takes a minute for it to actually go back to open loop and get proper air fuel ratio. IS this where part throttle enrichment comes in to play?
    2004 jeep LJ
    Stock supercharged 4.0, 36lb injectors, 62mm bbk throttle body.
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel
    2020 Explorer 2.3 ecoboost

Tuner
    you should be able to disable CL at your desire rpm ,you should post a log too

Tuner in Training
    Running closed loop and using fuel trims, the PCM is going to revert to stoich. To richen on boost tip in while in closed loop you would need to enable power enrichment earlier,( as well as richen the PE table at lower map pressures.). I have been trying to get PE to enable at lower throttle openings unsuccessfully. Regardless of the WOT pedal threshold voltage setting, the PCM does not command PE until somewhere around 2.5-2.6 volts, ( 3.7 volts being WOT on the TPS.) Ideally, you would adjust this WOT pedal threshold to correspond when you start building boost and then fueling would enter PE mode and richen accordingly. If you're interested in testing it, lower the PE WOT threshold to 1.5v , zero the PE delays, and log to see if it enters open loop / PE at the new lower throttle opening. I'd be interested to see if your results mirror mine and others.