Thread: 06 jeep turbo beginner questions

Potential Tuner

06 jeep turbo beginner questions

i, I recently finished installing a turbo on my 06 jeep TJ
    I trying to make a decent tune for it and learn as much as i can without blowing up my engine.
    My setup is :

SRT 2 BAR MAP
    stock injectors currently on the car but i have 42lb ones that i guess i will need to install
    GM-8 turbocharger
    4.6 stroker.
    snow performance water-meth injection ( currently not in use).

I have the AEM 30 0334 Wideband and my first problem is i cant hook it up to the vcm scanner, maybe my wrangler is not CANbus supported? , there is another way to see the wideband data on the scanner?

another thing that i struggling with is the ignition advance, there are 2 tables - one for WOT and one for part throttle, and from what i see on the logger its looks like its always takes the numbers from the part throttle table even when i floor it dose its make any sense? here is a log and the tune before the turbo with some WOTs
    non turbo log 17.4.hpl
    wrangler tj 2006 0.1.hpt

I also read that there are no knock sensors on the wrangler so how i suppose to know when my engine knocks? only by hearing?

and that's the file that's currently on the car + my last log of a little drive - work on the progress it's far from being any good (btw the e-fan failed on that log)
    wrangler tj 2006 turbo.hpt
    logTurbowrangler - Copy.hpl

Tuner in Training
    If you would like to compare my tune...'06 7lbs of boost, 2 bar map with 35 lb injectors PM me your email. If it's automatic I'll also send you the shift calculator I made in Excel.

Quote Originally Posted by TJTurbo View Post
    If you would like to compare my tune...'06 7lbs of boost, 2 bar map with 35 lb injectors PM me your email. If it's automatic I'll also send you the shift calculator I made in Excel.
    I would like to look at your tune TJTurbo
    2004 jeep LJ
    Stock supercharged 4.0, 36lb injectors, 62mm bbk throttle body.
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel
    2020 Explorer 2.3 ecoboost

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    wrangler tj 2006 0.1 super basic file stock injectors.hpt

get you started

map is setup

basic fuel for wot

enrichment

targets

scaling

spark
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee View Post
    I would like to look at your tune TJTurbo
    I'd be glad to email it to you jbee, PM me your email address. I need to figure out how to attach a tune file on the forum but haven't had any luck doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by TJTurbo View Post
    I would like to take a look at your tune if you don?t mind. I need a starting point for my banks turbo kit on my 06 Lj.