Thread: Torque Reduction default, switch a, switch b etc?

Potential Tuner

Torque Reduction default, switch a, switch b etc?

Is there anywhere I can find an explanation of what these different settings do?

For example, you have default, switch a, switch b then you have tutd, upshift, ct downshift, power downshift, etc

Are these default/switch a/ switch b supposed to be tour, sport, track mode settings?

And what does disabling torque reduction do on one of these? Would it disable all TM in these modes or will it only disable in one of those modes if you disable say default and then disable upshift it would disable only tour mode upshift TM?

Tuner
    bump > that are the meanings of Switch A and B

the tuningschool.com will explain it.

the problem wit this forum is it's based on business of its members, no here is your friend . you want information and help. $$$$$$$ show the money

have you purchased the GM trans tuning book yet?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by alabastarbastard View Post
    the tuningschool.com will explain it.

the problem wit this forum is it's based on business of its members, no here is your friend . you want information and help. $$$$$$$ show the money

have you purchased the GM trans tuning book yet?
    Thanks for the reply and I agree most of the time people want your money to answer a simple question. I do have the tuning school books including the transmission for the 4, 6, and 8 speed and even though it tells us to disable these in the setting it doesn't seem to explain what switch A and B do. At least not from what I see in the book. I also have the classes online I can look at for the Gen 3,4 and Gen 5 I paid for a while back. Don't remember seeing anything in there about this either.

Ryan

Advanced Tuner
    I believe you are on the right track. You would get more help if you posted a tune file.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastarbastard View Post
    Nope, you just ask dumb questions. What I mean by dumb questions is, like your other thread. About where to adjust what TPS to make a downshift. It doesn't work like that and to go back from first principles and explain how the shift scheduling tables work, like doing the Socratic method, takes too damn long and most people here to help figure you probably wouldn't get it anyway. "But I don't care about any of that garbage, why can't you just tell me how to make the TPS do it?" - and then use the excuse nobody wants to help unless they're getting paid.

It does use the TPS, in both the Part Throttle tables and the WOT tables (the WOT table just assumes it's always 100% throttle - because it's WOT). TPS is one of the parameters used to decide a downshift, not THE parameter. It says so right in the table name/description - "Shift Speed vs. TPS vs. Shift". AND, in that thread you didn't even go to the trouble of telling the people you're asking for help what the hell you are working on.

-----

As far as the Normal/Pattern A/Pattern X thing, it depends. Normal is, well, normal, when the driver hasn't selected any special modes - if there are any on the vehicle in question. Pattern A is sometimes Tow/Haul, other times it's Sport. Depends on the vehicle - trucks usually don't have a Sport mode, and Corvettes don't have Tow/Haul. It's not explained anywhere that I'm aware of with a little chart, either in HPT or in the service manual. You just have to figure it out. There are PIDs you can log in the scanner.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Nope, you just ask dumb questions. What I mean by dumb questions is, like your other thread. About where to adjust what TPS to make a downshift. It doesn't work like that and to go back from first principles and explain how the shift scheduling tables work, like doing the Socratic method, takes too damn long and most people here to help figure you probably wouldn't get it anyway. "But I don't care about any of that garbage, why can't you just tell me how to make the TPS do it?" - and then use the excuse nobody wants to help unless they're getting paid.

It does use the TPS, in both the Part Throttle tables and the WOT tables (the WOT table just assumes it's always 100% throttle - because it's WOT). TPS is one of the parameters used to decide a downshift, not THE parameter. It says so right in the table name/description - "Shift Speed vs. TPS vs. Shift". AND, in that thread you didn't even go to the trouble of telling the people you're asking for help what the hell you are working on.

-----

As far as the Normal/Pattern A/Pattern X thing, it depends. Normal is, well, normal, when the driver hasn't selected any special modes - if there are any on the vehicle in question. Pattern A is sometimes Tow/Haul, other times it's Sport. Depends on the vehicle - trucks usually don't have a Sport mode, and Corvettes don't have Tow/Haul. It's not explained anywhere that I'm aware of with a little chart, either in HPT or in the service manual. You just have to figure it out. There are PIDs you can log in the scanner.
    You seem to have a good amount of Knowledge sir... Would you happen to know, and care to share what these Switch A and B do in the transmission tune. Although your comment wasn't directly responding to me, I do agree with the fact people do need to do their own research first before just asking all kinds of questions that could be answered already. Although for me I've been tuning for only around 4 years I still haven't come up with the answer as for what these switch's do. Tried to even log them somehow in the scanner with no luck.

Advanced Tuner
    Where is your tune file? Hard to give a answer to a specific question without your tune.