Thread: Low speed buck 3v

Advanced Tuner

Low speed buck 3v

I have a problem I have been unable to figure out so far. When trying to ease off from a stop i will often get some pretty significant bucking and I just cant seem to find the root cause. This generally happens below 2000 RPM and doesn't always happen, it's much more prevalent when cold. When its warmed up most of the time the car drives great except when this occurs. There is a really good example right at the end of this log. I have this set up in the lowest boost config trying to get everything sorted, all street tuning. I had a similar problem before the blower install on the Brenspeed tune with the same combo except the Whipple and injectors.

2006 mustang 4.6l
    5 speed manual
    Ported whipple on 10 rib
    BBK shorties
    C&L 95mm maf
    gt500 injectors

20-06-17 13-17-05.hpl
    Buck remove 6 16 20.hpt

Here is an example of it running cold.

20-06-17 11-32-46.hpl
    Last edited by B E N; 06-18-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I was able to make a little ground on this. I changed my MAF error graph to read equivalence ratio error and applied the corrections to Airflow vs. Voltage. The maf error has grown but the drivability is better. I am not sure if this is the wrong way to do this, or if it's being caused by an error somewhere else in the tune.

20-06-18 15-07-25.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Not a good solution, for anyone reading this in the future.

Advanced Tuner
    I was able to resolve this by doing a few clicks of smooth between horizontal bounds on the top 3 columns in Driver Demand Torque. Drives great now.

To be clear: this issue was not due to fueling, fuel trims all looked great, throttle and torque errors in this region are also very low. It was purely a throttle application issue.