Thread: Corvette LS7 tune problem

Corvette LS7 tune problem

Hi guys,

ive got hard time with this corvette tune. Its 2006 Z06 LS7 manual, fresh engine with 11.7:1 comp, slightly ported stock heads, GMPP Stage 3 cam 230/276 cam, fast lsx r intake, 103mm throttle body, bosch 0280158117 530cc injectors, stock map, stock maf.

I started with stock tune, i have base spark, idle airflow and injector data done but i cant get it running good. It idles kind of good but non driveable. Can somebody look my tune and give me advices? I know that cam is huge

I attached my last tune.

Thank you!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Hello Tuomas,

and have nice Juhannus!

Start with basics, i.e. take a proper log with relevant parameters.

Tuning is all about taking logs and making adjustments based on that.

While copying parameters like (correct) injector data is more than recommended, tuning itselfi, is, well tuning.

Hello Pekka,

and have a nice Juhannus too

Yes i have to log it more, its basicly my first gen4 tune, propably not good starting point with that kind of cam... I just wanted to know that does my base tune look how it should

Tuner
    My LS7 is in a 2012. It's an H/C/I engine at a modest 600-hp. I was going to attach my cal file, but then I read that you have a way more camshaft than I and you're running bigger injectors.

Elsewhere on this Gen 4 Forum, is a great thread on getting E38s for modified engines to idle better. I'd start with that, but keep in mind with that camshaft and its 40-deg overlap, you're never going to get even close to what most would term a "smooth" idle. Assuming you have a wideband, WOT tuning is pretty easy. It's street drivability which will challenge of your calibration skills.

One place you're going to need to do some work is the MAF table.
    Last edited by Hib Halverson; 06-18-2020 at 10:47 PM.
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.