Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EECV ..problems with low load/scaling

Advanced Tuner
    thats not load your logging, i have no idea what it is

fyi u cant dial in failed load using load you need to use totldst / load as the error percentage otherwise your looking at whats happened after the fact and none of the modifiers are factored in.

Thats exactly the same as trying to dial in the fuel pump voltage using a wideband.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

i have no idea .still learning lol. not sure what totldst is ? not sure how else to log load then. it says calculated engine load. and logs load on every other engine at normal loads that ive tried?

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    thats not load your logging, i have no idea what it is

fyi u cant dial in failed load using load you need to use totldst / load as the error percentage otherwise your looking at whats happened after the fact and none of the modifiers are factored in.

Thats exactly the same as trying to dial in the fuel pump voltage using a wideband.
    well. i must be missing something. can you tell me what i need to log to see what load is if thats not it?

Advanced Tuner
    u dont have that ability you need to put a ticket in with support to get it fixed
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

can you be more specific here? why dont i have the ability. if i dont, then nobody does correct?
    this is just confusing because im not sure how this isnt load im logging, when it logs correctly on other vehicles with the exact same pid
    Last edited by mach; 06-24-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The address the software is logging for that specific strategy is incorrect.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

thats just lovely. but ....if its not logging correctly then why does my spark table follow it as it should?

Advanced Tuner
    Since hpt doesnt have the ability to do any private datalogging development or diagnostics of its logging code for verification I cant tell you, only support can.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

hmm. well, just so i have this clear. youre saying if i log "calculated engine load" that what it logs is not really load. correct? well, reckon ill just disable that, and call it a day then.

did that, and tried to read through my terrible logs and diagnose a random "miss" at idle and steady throttle at approx 2500 . apparently its the timing instantly cutting to 0 deg for no reason. i have hacked everything know to man to 0 that has to do with any timing and no change. i even set the whole map to 20 deg across board. it adheres to that until i hold throttle steady and then it cuts to zero 3 or 4 times back and forth. knock sensor is turned off. spark source says borderline as it should UNTIL this happens. then it goes to BASE/MBT. but my mbt doesnt have anything remotely close to 0 on it. and im not sure what base is referring to,because i dont have a table for it. it appears something is going on behind the scene that there isnt a table for here. if i drive normally down the road it doesnt happen. its only when steady light throttle,as if pulling out of a driveway . ive been through every table in the tune. i cant find a thing that would cause this. wondering if i should just make a whole new tune from the stock file and start over. something seems corrupt

welp. it got dumber. i sat sat down last night and made a clone of my factory tune,and then compare/copied over all the stuff needed from my new tune and made a whole new file to flash. i went through EVERY table in the whole tune trying to find something causing this timing pulling. never did. so today i loaded the tune. car instantly started and idled faster than it ever has. seemed really great, till i hit the throttle. it cuts timing so hard it will hardly rev. when it does that , spark source goes to borderline table. not the base/mbt it previously sourced. it will go to 0to -5 or so every time now,and nowhere on that table is there any numbers remotely close to 0
    . but now if i steadily hold it and increase,the timing stays up where it should. totally opposite of what was happening yesterday. if i changed something to cause this,its beyond me. is there anything beyond this software that can yank timing like that?

Advanced Tuner
    borderline is more than just that table theres about a dozen modifiers that affect that tables value to give you actual borderline spark value
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

borderline is more than just that table theres about a dozen modifiers that affect that tables value to give you actual borderline spark value
    well, i figured that. but nothing i have access to will fix it. ive been through EVERY available modifier.zeroed everything in an attempt to find whats doing it. even went as far as making all timing 20 degrees across the board. somethiing behind the scene still pulls 15-20 degrees when it wants to.

Advanced Tuner
    Odd indeed. I've tuned well over 1,000 eec-v vehicles specificially and never once experienced any issues with ignition timing. I've always got exactly what I asked for.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

Odd indeed. I've tuned well over 1,000 eec-v vehicles specificially and never once experienced any issues with ignition timing. I've always got exactly what I asked for.
    Can you specify which modifiers add or subtract from borderline other then the obvious like iat ect and traction control

Advanced Tuner
    Too many to list of the top of my head.

Go download one of my custom base tunes and you will see.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

yeah. i really dont find this to be super hard or mind boggling. it just seems there are weird phantom things affecting everything i do on this car/software. as a last ditch effort, im going to copy another mach 1 tune over to my tune i have that i physically drove myself that had none of this going on whatsoever. if it still acts all stupid like this, then i dont see much point in continuing this nonsense. and im fully expecting it not to work btw lol

so this might be hard to follow. but its interesting. i took my ORIGINAL stock file and copied over a working base tune from another mach. theres isnt much difference in these tunes other than cold idle modifiers, and such. some things i couldnt match exactly due to the left table scales being different, and some of them wouldnt let me edit exactly for some reason. but anything that mattered,i.e. maf, timing tables,injector scaling,etc. i made sure matched. IN the end, it runs without any timing being pulled as before at part throttle. no clue why.
    NOW....im curious, so i went back to one of my recent tunes that had the timing problem. then i compared and copied over stuff little by little. flashed them in a couple changes at a time until it all basically matches again. CANT get rid of the timing being pulled at steady throttle off idle.
    I can then flash the other file back in , and its fine again. go back to this one, and the problem is back. theres only a few little things left that are different between them, but they shouldnt have any effect ,like cranking fuel, and idle adders, etc. makes no damn sense.

Too many to list of the top of my head.

Go download one of my custom base tunes and you will see.
    I only ask because theres only a few that can be modified in hptuners

Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    so this might be hard to follow. but its interesting. i took my ORIGINAL stock file and copied over a working base tune from another mach. theres isnt much difference in these tunes other than cold idle modifiers, and such. some things i couldnt match exactly due to the left table scales being different, and some of them wouldnt let me edit exactly for some reason. but anything that mattered,i.e. maf, timing tables,injector scaling,etc. i made sure matched. IN the end, it runs without any timing being pulled as before at part throttle. no clue why.
    NOW....im curious, so i went back to one of my recent tunes that had the timing problem. then i compared and copied over stuff little by little. flashed them in a couple changes at a time until it all basically matches again. CANT get rid of the timing being pulled at steady throttle off idle.
    I can then flash the other file back in , and its fine again. go back to this one, and the problem is back. theres only a few little things left that are different between them, but they shouldnt have any effect ,like cranking fuel, and idle adders, etc. makes no damn sense.
    I'm not surprised by this. I noticed some timing issues as well but we can only work with what we see