Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EECV ..problems with low load/scaling

EECV ..problems with low load/scaling

so ive finally got into tuning the maf a bit on an 04 mustang. 80lb inj,slot maf,procharger,return fuel,etc. basic bolt on blower car. ive actually got a decent function and tune in it currently. car is running pretty well. BUT the first few tests concluded my timing is way high due to my load readings. after noticing that, ive temporarily cut my timing down to bandaid this to tune my maf. now its all good but its not right. ive got into boost several times and things are starting to feel like they should. so what have i scaled wrong to get such low load readings? or is that normal? idles around 15% load. normal driving and up to half or 3/4 throttle never gets me much past 30-35%. i assume its cause ive cut my cid scalar in half so i can run these injectors/maf.

Advanced Tuner
    Are your slopes including the deltap multiplier less than the ecu clip limit?
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    Are your slopes including the deltap multiplier less than the ecu clip limit?
    i believe so. i scaled them as well. they seem to be spot on really . my maf was within 10% or so so far from my original calculations.now that ive touched it up, my lamda is coming up right where the lambses are in open loop. im just not getting any load readings very much higher than .20-.30 in any conditions on average

Advanced Tuner
    load is tuneable

just go divide sarchg by however much you want to raise load
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

load is tuneable

just go divide sarchg by however much you want to raise load
    i had thought of that. but ive cut it in half currently, along with the injector slopes/etc. wont changing it mess with my fueling???i was under the impression they all had to be scaled by the same amount?

what just doesnt compute to me is that ive already cut it in half like everything else. i cant see why it would read this low now. i only see on average about .15 when im into the throttle up to 4K. the most its ever read is when im starting it, and thats only .4 . ill have to lower it some more and see what happens, but i dont figure thats gonna go well. lol

What is load under WOT/Boost? Being at 15 to low 20% and 30% at cruise isn't uncommon. Did you adjust the load with failed MAF table for boost? This can cause load to be clipped and higher spark values if not adjusted properly.
    Paul
    Modern Muscle Motorsports
    www.modernmusclemotorsports.com
    Custom tuning using Diablosport, SCT, HP Tuners, Tuner Cat, FAST & Holley
    Dynojet 224x mobile dyno

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Muscle View Post
    What is load under WOT/Boost? Being at 15 to low 20% and 30% at cruise isn't uncommon. Did you adjust the load with failed MAF table for boost? This can cause load to be clipped and higher spark values if not adjusted properly.
    so far its around 15-20 ish when WOT. ive adjusted timing until i find out what im doing wrong here

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Muscle View Post
    i rescaled the failed maf temporarily up to 2.0 load cause i expected it all to go up. instead it has went totally the other way.

Advanced Tuner
    SARCHG does not affect fuel its only main purpose os for spark.

Go divide sarchg by 3 and your load will be trippled.

Keep in mind if its that far off you more than likely are at the injector clip limit.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

SARCHG does not affect fuel its only main purpose os for spark.

Go divide sarchg by 3 and your load will be trippled.

Keep in mind if its that far off you more than likely are at the injector clip limit.
    my injectors cant be at the limit. they are 80 lb seimens. i have scaled the correct data in HALF along with the CID. i just now got done dividing sarchg in HALF yet again. it did raise load, but only by a little. i might have .25 load at WOT now.

i cant get anywhere with this consistently cause i cant believe half the data im getting cause this whole scanner in a complete pile of SHIT. when i can get data,it changes every time i get in the car to mess with it. im logging STFT and wideband error. i had the maf within 2% this morning on both. started car back up. new log is up to 10%lean on both. yesterday, one was lean , the other, rich. car drives outstanding for not even being remotely tuned right yet. im just not sure i can even go any farther until i trashcan this whole thing and get SCT or MS3 like i should have done 2 years ago. until they fixed the software, it flooded my engine so bad due to injector data bugs, im not sure how it even runs now. for all i know, theres still some kind of bug in this i cant chase due to the software. my problem cant be me alone. i had the same car here,same mods,injectors/maf,etc with SCT with this EXACT injector data,etc. and it does none of this garbage and load is fine where i had it set on mine.
    Last edited by mach; 06-21-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah thats what I was gonna say next only other thing it can be is load not logging correctly

SCT is garbage for tuning eec-v and eec-iv. If your going to tune it you might as well use tunerpro. It has histograms that dial in the inferred load table, fuel pump voltage table, maf transfer from the o2s, and with a wideband wired in to the egr input it even shows you the wot fuel error to correct the maf transfer. The datalogging on tunerpro is second to none and has an extremely accurate rwhp and rwtq graph that usually matches the dyno within 5 hp. Tunerpro gives you unrestricted access to the full tune so you can even copy pats codes from one ecu to another to swap ecus for a v6 to v8 swap and keep theft, etc... Theres several custom code patches too that are only available with tunerpro as well. Like on the marauders a custom 15x15 spark table and 15x15 knock threshold table. I'm only giving you the basics when you get more involved with it you'll see just how far superior it is than anything else available for the older ecus. All you need is a $250 moates quarterhorse. The software, custom tuning strategy datalogging and even a base tune is all free downloads. You can download it now and check it out if you want. Details- http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

yeah thats what I was gonna say next only other thing it can be is load not logging correctly

SCT is garbage for tuning eec-v and eec-iv. If your going to tune it you might as well use tunerpro. It has histograms that dial in the inferred load table, fuel pump voltage table, maf transfer from the o2s, and with a wideband wired in to the egr input it even shows you the wot fuel error to correct the maf transfer. The datalogging on tunerpro is second to none and has an extremely accurate rwhp and rwtq graph that usually matches the dyno within 5 hp. Tunerpro gives you unrestricted access to the full tune so you can even copy pats codes from one ecu to another to swap ecus for a v6 to v8 swap and keep theft, etc... Theres several custom code patches too that are only available with tunerpro as well. Like on the marauders a custom 15x15 spark table and 15x15 knock threshold table. I'm only giving you the basics when you get more involved with it you'll see just how far superior it is than anything else available for the older ecus. All you need is a $250 moates quarterhorse. The software, custom tuning strategy datalogging and even a base tune is all free downloads. You can download it now and check it out if you want. Details- http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm
    it might happen. ive just got so in depth on this and its fought me entirely since the day i bought it. every time i get past one software hurdle, its just something else. and i STILL CANT LOG SHIT. and they still sell them with no warnings of such! this should not be this damn hard. you say SCT is garbage. i say HPT is garbage lol
    Last edited by mach; 06-21-2020 at 12:04 PM.

so i went back and messed with the sarchg some more for reference. i have zero experience here, but changing nothing else but that made plenty of fuel difference back to back. car runs /starts very well on what i had it scaled at originally which was half of stock per injector data,etc. if i scale it down another half, my fuel trims go on average 8-10% leaner. and car takes forever to start ,if at all. so i put the sarchg back and it runs fine again. very driveable,doesnt die, etc. im just scared to go past 5 lbs of boost for obvious reasons that i cant log anything good enough to trust it. sucks, cause i feel like i could get somewhere with some data. the low load really has me puzzled though unless its a software issue

Advanced Tuner
    yeah cranking is going to be affected since the ecu uses load for cranking pw. You simply adjust the cranking load (pw) function for the amount you scaled sarchg.

if fuel changed at all then that means you have lost fuel enabled and the tables populated in your tune. Thats not very wise as lost fuel is a global background fuel modifier. I highly recommend only using lost fuel for cold fuel cloaed loop correction only and not for starup enrichment or base fuel use.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

hm... well there isnt any lost fuel enabled over 170 degrees so cant be that. the cranking pw makes sense though. but doesnt make sense why load is this low. im gonna have to scale cid so low its rediculous or just redo spark tables to live with it

Advanced Tuner
    lost fuel is always in use

have you verified what your logging for load is correct ?
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

lost fuel is always in use

have you verified what your logging for load is correct ?
    im not real sure how to verify it.i dont get to log for more than a minute or two at best. and they are frozen and jerky logs at that. for all i know thats what it should be. im just assuming from what ive researched and common sense that it should be at least close to 1.0 or more when under full load,and not .15-.20. lol. other vehicles i have logged have plenty of load when i hit the throttle. this one barely maxes .4 ever

Advanced Tuner
    if you simplify spark you can verify load by the logged spark
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

if you simplify spark you can verify load by the logged spark
    i have logged spark . if you mean does my spark table follow the load it is reading, then yes.i attached a log of my load. its just in neutral in the shop, but you can get the gist of what im dealing with. this is with CID at .00078 which is scaled half of stock cid as it should be
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mach; 06-22-2020 at 08:15 PM.