Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WB reading vs. HPT reading

yup....

Quote Originally Posted by vortec
    I've got the LM1 and I am getting crazy differences.My LM1 will be showing a 14.7 in closed loop at and idle (normal),well the HPT scanner is showing me 13.0 when the LM1 is 14.7.LOL That is WAY off and I am getting frustrated here.I have read and read and read the help files over and over with no luck for that.
    Anyone here ever had this happen this far off?
    Thanks

YUP! My situation is exactly the same.....

but, for you.....swap the two sensor wires in the eio and see if the difference is less...I would use the setup that yields the tightest results...

Chuck CoW

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
    YUP! My situation is exactly the same.....

but, for you.....swap the two sensor wires in the eio and see if the difference is less...I would use the setup that yields the tightest results...

Chuck CoW

yep,,, good catch.
    i forgot about that one.

eio input one was farther off then eio 2...i stayed with eio input 2..

Potential Tuner
    I'm still not understanding why you're making adjustments to the LM1 when it's just outputing a reading.

Also, with the 1st gen setup, isn't the ground already on the interface? And isn't this from the OBDII port?

I would have figured that you would need to change the way HPT is reading the LM1 output to get things in line.

Advanced Tuner
    too bad the AEM 30-4100 WILL NOT connect to any AEM software for reprogramming
    thats a Negative Dan

Tuner in Training
    yup, it was human error
    Last edited by Fire; 07-14-2007 at 09:36 PM.