Thread: tuning help

Tuner in Training

tuning help

i have a 03 excursion with a tune on it truck for stock runs hard and gets moving quickly i have the mvpi 2 and downloaded all software what i am asking is can i read and save the tune file in my truck i have no idea whats in it i asking for guidance before i making any big mistakes thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dieselmedic View Post
    i have a 03 excursion with a tune on it truck for stock runs hard and gets moving quickly i have the mvpi 2 and downloaded all software what i am asking is can i read and save the tune file in my truck i have no idea whats in it i asking for guidance before i making any big mistakes thanks
    You have to read it to even be able to open it. I recommend making a copy of the stock read so you always have a good backup file to work from just in case something happens.

Tuner in Training
    thanks i will do that and i will aslo check my f250 its very stock

Tuner in Training
    can the two tunes be compared side by side

can the two tunes be compared side by side
    there is a compare function in the software, open your tune you're wanting to make chagnes to and then at the top click on compare and then in the drop down click open compare file. That will let you compare difference between files.

Tuner in Training
    ok i was able to pull both tunes i think. is there a way to attach the files so others can look at them and get there feed back and thank for info just worried about causing harm to my trucks.

Tuner in Training

the tunes i pulled

the tunes i pulled
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    sorry for constant questions

sorry for constant questions
    Ill look at the files and that's what this is about, there is a lot of good information along with some bad, the best thing you can do is really educate yourself on the diesel engine operation.
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 06-21-2020 at 11:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    engine work side i have a bit of knowledge i have built many of diesel trucks and tractors and some go fast moostangs but i have never messed with tuning i have always relied on a out of state tuner for my tunes
    i have been reading and watching alot of tuning school info
    thanks man your a big help taking baby steps

I would recommend researching and fully understanding diesel engine operation. Also you will want to know specifics about your engine and anything unique to them. Take a look through your files and try to get an idea of the process the ECU goes through-pedal position->torque->fuel mass and pressure->injectors on time. Don't expect to be able to jump into this and know exactly what you are doing. Make small changes to a map or 2 and see what changes. If you do too many at once you might not know what change had what effect.

I would think the 03 tune would be a pretty hot tune and smoke a decent amount. There are things i don't like but i can't say they are wrong or right without seeing how the vehicle runs and getting a good data log of it.

Tuner in Training
    runs like a bat out hell and only smokes on wot throttle drive-ability is great cruise has great response trans shifts are firm 1 to 3 softer after that.fuel mileage no bad i run back and forth to work for five days and only use a quarter tank
    one thing it has a fast and loud start up in am