Thread: Gen V tsp stage 2 tuning issues.

Tuner in Training

Gen V tsp stage 2 tuning issues.

Hello guys. It?s me again... I have the truck running pretty good. Changed the idle rpms a little and the only thing I can feel not right is when I?m cruising and let off the throttle.. then get on it again.. it almost stumbles or (backfires) in the exhaust. Then picks back up.

Also, if I barley ease into the throttle around 1200-1600 rpm i get this chirping sound... sounds like it?s on the top end somewhere. every time at light throttle only. Even on the highway at those rpms I get that sound. Once I get past that range it clears up. And if I?m hard throttle I never hear it.

I?ll attach the tune that is currently on it. And a data log after changing the idle immediate tables like the other gentleman said to do to get a choppy idle. The data log is only that change. Nothing else.

Just seeing if anyone had an idea of what could be causing the sluggish drop off issue.

Advanced Tuner
    No logs and which engine?

I had the same exact problem with my L86 and that sound still haunts me.

Did you measure for the right size lash cap. On L86 the comp cams lash cap measures out something like .016 thousands to tall on my truck. So it was just barely bottoming out the HPFP. Making it sound like a lifter was failing. The sound comes from the center of the engine at the fire wall. If you need more information on it let me know. It's not hard to do.

Tuner in Training
    I had someone help me with my tunes and after about 2 retunes it went away. I?m thinking it was the afm still trying to kick in. Now I?m just looking to get more chop