Thread: NAG1 Still Upshifting with Autostick Upshift Disabled

Tuner in Training

NAG1 Still Upshifting with Autostick Upshift Disabled

Hey all,

As the title states I cannot figure out why my car is still commanding an upshift with the settings I currently have (config/Log Attached).

I'm trying to create a tune to manually command the car to shift for joyriding around town and such.

I've read through the forums extensively on this subject and still can't get my car to bounce off of the rev limiter when in WOT. I'm able to get the rev limiter and DFCO to activate at lower RPMs when testing but as soon as I up the RPMs and go WOT it seems like all is ignored.

You'll notice in both logs I do a 2nd gear pull while getting on an onramp. In the first log my car commanded a shift around 5300 RPM which is about 1000 RPMs lower than my shift point. I noticed in the log my accelerator position would max out at 91% (seemed odd) and I figured it must be trying to use the part throttle table so before the second log I changed the WOT enabled percent to 80% and also disabled the "Autostick WOT' flag. During the second log my car commanded a shift closer to 6400 RPM which tells me it's now attempting to use the "Normal" WOT table but is STILL auto upshifting...I'm at a loss.

TransTuning-A.hpl
    TransTuning-A.hpt
    TransTuning-B.hpl
    TransTuning-B.hpt

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    does the car upshift while going WOT only in autostick?
    Last edited by waleedk; 09-09-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Tuner in Training
    If you are hitting the TCM rev limit, its still going to shift at that rpm, man. I dont know if you have raised that above the engine rev limit yet or not.
    Last edited by Trapper723; 09-10-2020 at 07:23 PM.