Thread: Not Staying in VCT OP

Tuner in Training

Not Staying in VCT OP

Pull3_map10.hpl
    NewMotor_Basetune_V8_DriverDemand.hpt

2012 Coyote A6

I started tuning my TQ table to reduce TQ error and TB blade error, and I've seemed to have hit a limiter. Please know, that this car has a large converter, hence the TQ table tower around the stall speed of the TQ converter.

The issue is that once the TQ tables reach around 650 lb-ft it won't go into VCT OP, and defaults to map point 10 & Fuel Economy/Optimal stability VCT, during a pull. I can change the TQ back to the original values, and the car goes into VCT OP like normal. What I'm I missing?

I'm lost on the root cause, but the I've made decent progress in reducing TQ errors except when it drops into Map point 10. At which point the cam angles stifle air flow and the car falls on it's face--typically LB/min peaks at 50lbs/min. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please reference the attached tune and data log.

Thank you
    Last edited by oldbones; 06-22-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Bueller, anyone?

And how you know you are reaching torque limit while you are not even logging your inferred torque? :O

Your MAF says you are making 430HP faaaaaaaaaar from 650lbft lol

You are not logging the most important pids - start from here.

Advanced Tuner
    Please list all of the car's modifications as well.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    Ok, thanks guys I'm still learning, and obviously need to read more in this area. This is my first car that I've tuned.

I've added a new log with Engine Brake TQ, IPC TQ error, ETC TQ Requested and Engine Indicated TQ. I've also added additional source channels, please reference the attached logs from today.

The car is all motor most of the time, and raced with nitrous at the track. I started messing with the TB Error/TQ, because the TB is closing about 40%-60% on a hard nitrous launches, and the car went from cutting a 1.3X 60 ft to a 1.4X. This all started after I bumped the engine compression. All logs I've posted are all motor runs.

The cars mod list is fairly large:
    - 12.6: Compression
    - Ported heads
    - Baby CJ Exhaust Cams
    - L&M intake Cams
    - Circle D C6 converter
    - CJ manifold
    - Ford Racing Monoblade & Ford Racing CAI
    - LT headers & full exhaust
    - E85
    - LU47 injectors

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    This is starting to make a bit more sense.

Log2.JPG