Thread: L94 Won't stay running

Tuner in Training

L94 Won't stay running

I have an LS SWAP L94 with a Cam swap that won't stay running. It has an E38 for a 5.3L that has had a tune for a 6.2L loaded into it. It looks like the injectors for some reason are not working after it gets to the initial fire. It basically starts like normal and goes up to a 1500 rpm then immediately stops running as if it runs out of fuel. I am failing the MAF sensor immediately so it should be using the SD tune. The airmass goes to zero which is why I'm assuming why the injectors stop sending fuel. This is an engine that has good compression and is mechanically sound. I've attached a tune file if anyone has any idea what is shutting it down let me know. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need a working IAT sensor, that was in the 5 wire MAF harness.

The MAF isn't failed right yet either. Set the 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error. You need to change the dynamic airflow settings to something like 7000/6900 and not 600rpm because it wants to look for the MAF.

Your MAP sensor data may be wrong too. The key on engine off KPA reading is 119kpa, that is not correct for a stock 1 bar MAP sensor. It should be right around 100kpa at sea level. So it's possible you are running a different MAP than what the settings are set to.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! I ran this engine before without a MAF or IAT. Of course it was rich an idled badly but it ran? This is different it just fires and quits. I had to replace the intake, injectors, computer and harness after a fire. I just wanted to hear it start before I took it down to a dyno to actually tune it. I?ll try those things and let you know. Thanks for the help.

Senior Tuner
    the manifold volume is set way too low also should be like 9-10 litres for n/a manifold

Tuner in Training
    Manifold volume is 14 on a stock L94 tune. Must be the big truck intake. Anyway I got it. Thanks for the help! Now about that MAP sensor? Got any articles about how to calibrate that? It?s responding but I doubt it?s accurate? I?ll have to get a run stand before I go any further, this was just running on the engine stand with a hoist to make sure it didn?t fall over. Thanks again for the help!

Just double check the part number on the MAP. The 2007 to like 2009ish run a different MAP than the later years and the linear and offset settings are different.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.