Thread: E38 SD 2 Bar 'OS ID' Issue - changes when written scanner not supporting full pids

Potential Tuner

E38 SD 2 Bar 'OS ID' Issue - changes when written scanner not supporting full pids

Hi Guys,
    Having some issues with the OS ID's when applying the SD patch on an e38 pcm. Can apply the patch, save as new file, tune accordingly.

When I write the file the OS will be 1250223 and TCM 24243170. Fine, no worries. However if I close the file, go to read vehicle and gather info, the OS is displayed as 1264402AA and TCM as 24243170AA and no hardware types automatically selected.

This is an issue as the VCM Scanner won't detect the ECU OS ID and display supported PIDS etc so makes datalogging a gigantic pain in the ass! I can't even get the scanner to display the blinking oil pressue.

Has anyone ever come across this before? I'm thinking its a big of a bug relating to applying the SD patch to this particular OS.

Car is a 2008 Holden WM Caprice - 6L L98, FDFI 2300 supercharger, 6L80E.

Attached screenshots of Write, Then read (showing differences in OS ID's) and the scanner

Cheers,
    Simon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Hi i am searching for a answer as well just had the same thing, did you find a answer?