Thread: P411 to P59 swap issue

Tuner in Training

P411 to P59 swap issue

Hi,
    I have an issue happend recently.

Setup when I did the first tune: Camaro Z28 2000, 4L60e, 2.73 gear ratio, 4 Channels brake system.

First. I swap my PCM 411 for a P59 more than 2 years ago, to run flexfuel with a sensor, everything worked great except the ASR/TCS because of the uncompatibility with the new OS and the Camaro EBCM system. The ABS was fine.

In the beginning of 2020 I swap my rear end for a 9inch for 4 Channels and 3.25 gear ratio. So I used the "Gear/tire Wizard" tool on hptuners to convert everything based on the tire size and the gear ratio. Tire 24,88/2.73 to 24,88/3.25

No problem at all with the 3.25.

I decided to swap my gear setup because it was noisy and put a 3.50 in it. With the Covid lockdown the car was sit like 2-3 weeks while I was waiting every parts to come to me.

I swap the gear. Then tune the new gear ratio exactly like before Gear/Tire Wizard and go. 24,88/3.25 to 24,88/3.50

Now my ABS Inop and Brake Light come on when I turn the ignition on (not starting). If I start the car like that the ABS doesn't work (obviously). If I turn the ignition off (before starting the first time) and go back to "on" a second time the light doesn't come even after 200 miles and the ABS work like it should.

So I started thinking about a bad EBCM because I don't see why the 3.50 ratio can f*cked everything up. I checked the rear sensors, harness, fuses, light bulbs, 3rd brake light (the ones I touched while the Ring gear swap), everything look good, nothing is cut, dirty or broke.

Then I tried a "new" tune (mostly the same except for the gear ratio), on another PCM P59 on another Camaro in 2.73 Gear ratio and exacly the same happend. So now I think it's weird. Why it can work 2 years without any issue and come randomly one time and not the second time on both cars?

Tune issue? Weird uncompatibility? Strangely both EBCM goes bad in the same time?

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by acdc-angus; 06-22-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Nobody to help?

Tuner in Training
    I see it's a helpful forum...

Put a carburetor on it and call it a day

Tuner in Training
    Definitely helpfull

I mean.... it really doesn't sound like a TUNING problem. That's why you aren't getting a lot of replies.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com