A few days ago vcm editor up and died in the middle of a completely "safe" and routine cal only write to the ecm, bricked my ecm..... I reprogrammed a spare e78 that night, that came from the same year, model, and even color. Reprogrammed using GM SPS with my mongoose cable, and hp tuners has zero problems talking to it. Read write all that.

Now the Service Theft Deterrent System message is in the DIC, and won't turn off. I have tried both keys, tried a number of times to disconnect the battery anywhere from 10 minutes to over night. I have tried every combination of "30 Minute relearn" or whatever I could find. Disble VATS does nothing. Relink vats does nothing. Says successful, but the only thing it is succeeding in is pissing me off way more than I already am. Sps won't perform the relearn, and this ain't my first chicken, so I know I programmed the ecm right, unless there is some top secret bs to get it working. I even tried to disable vats, and enable the starter and stuff. U disabling the codes related to the immo.... Thst almost worked. I can hear the starter solenoid click in ace and it will allllll most start to think about cranking, then nothing.

Im open to any voodoo to get my paperweight of a car running again.. 3 days without a car now because hpt up and crapped out in the middle of a safe flash and no mention of recovery in any way (though they state they tested 100% success in the lab....) this situation completely screwed my very first father's day, and on top of that, the ambulance ride to get my daughter to the hospital because she was having breathing issues (yeah... Ambance bills.... When I easily could have driven her there.... Quite quickly.... But nooooo.).

I need help guys, and I'll take whatever I can get. It can't be the ecm, because it works in every other way, but the anti theft bs is hindering any further progress and the the only things I find online are for much older gm systems, or just flat out don't work. It's a 2015 cruze lt 1.4 t manual.

Thanks for whatever help you guys can give me, because I'm about to lose my 5h1+