Thread: 2008 SRT8 6.1 charger not running

Advanced Tuner

2008 SRT8 6.1 charger not running

Just asking if anyone has run across this problem before. The car is stock besides exhaust and diablo tune from 100k miles ago. It's got 208K miles on it now and have never had one problem with it.

So my wife pull up to a light and it just cuts off. Every crank since then it runs really rough if it will run and smells rich. It finally throws a P0300 random missfire then a P0306 missfire on 6. So I swap 6 and 4 coils and plugs and crank it again. It sounds the same but won't throw a code. Since the plugs where over 100k old and looked really dark I decide to go ahead and change plugs and coils. This does nothing. Still won't stay running.

Here is a log of me cranking it and giving it alittle of throttle to keep it running. Maybe a vaccum leak but I don't know.

I'm try to get the file to down load!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    6-23-20 missfire.hpl

I had to use my work computer to insert it for some reason.

Advanced Tuner
    I know this is an old post but do you think this is what could be happen to my wifes SRT8 charger. It's had a diablo tune on it for 100K miles then just cut off on her at a light. I went replace the coils, plugs, checked the cats, drained the tank, check injectors for a leak, replaced the map sensor. And it changes nothing. The fuel trims are all over the place. At first it was showing a lean code Ramdom miss fire. Then once showed a P0600 missfire on 6. So i replace all the coils and plugs since the are so old. That didn't change anything and the P0600 never came back. It will crank and run barely but really rough and smells extremely rich. I sent it to a mechanic to look at and he could find anything either. And said it must be internal like a lifter wiped the cam out.

I agreed with him the but after reading this, I'm not sure. There is NO knock or tick from a lifter going bad sound. I just did heads and cam myself on my L86 sierra because I had a lifter stick for a short time and release on it's own luckily. But it left me with a distinctive tick.

Here is a log but the fuel trim are different every time I start it. I have seen the -32 on one side only a couple times.

6-23-20 missfire.hpl