Thread: P0614 code not going away

Potential Tuner

P0614 code not going away

I was at the track last weekend when a new tune (ECM and TCM) was loaded on to my car and all of my adaptives were reset the normal codes came up I cleared them started the car no CEL I then turned the car off when I turned it back on CEL was on with code P0614. I cleared it again started the car no CEL once turned off and turned back on the CEL comes back on with the same code. has anyone else had this issue and is there anyway to resolve it? the seems to drive and run fine with the CEL on (no limp mode or anything) just annoying to see the light on. forgot to add this is on a 2010 dodge charger R/T.
    Last edited by Deep Blue RT; 06-24-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Bump.

I'm having the same code.

The first few tunes I flashed were fine, and the CEL went away after clearing the codes (normal, after-flash CELs). I'm going to try performing a full-flash of the stock tune I pulled and see if that clears it.

Car: 2008 300C 5.7L
    Mods: shorty headers + full exhaust and intake

Tuner in Training
    Not sure if this is a proper fix, but I finally got it to go away.

Prepare a new tune (stock or your custom tune):
    1.) Clear CEL status codes using VCM Scanner
    2.) Write new tune to vehicle (TCM & PCM)
    3.) Cycle ignition - WAIT 15-20 seconds with the key out of the ignition slot
    4.) Put car into run mode; repeat step 1
    5.) Reset all adaptive settings in VCM Scanner
    6.) Cycle ignition & ensure TCS is on (if you disabled it, you'll know how to re-enable it)
    7.) Check for more CELs, if none are found, start the car.

This is the list I used to fix that code popping up. After I started the car, I let it idle in the driveway for a few minutes. Then I decided to drive it around the neighborhood a bit since it was a cold start and I wasn't up to normal temps yet.

Car finally got up to normal temps so I hit the main road going about 40 MPH.

I hope this helps!

Tuner in Training
    Same issue. Not sure what I might have done, but nothing is working as far as the above suggestions. After clearing codes, reflash the clear codes again along with resetting adaptives the car will start and run/shift just fine with no code for an hour. After shutting it off and a restart, the code pops up again.
    Last edited by DeepwaterHemi; 07-09-2022 at 06:34 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I decided to go the same route as nmartin6631 above, but after reloading a new tune noticed there is a separate tab for clearing TCM codes. I did both, but was wondering if clearing on that tab alone would have cured it. I might try clearing codes and enabling the MIL at a later date. Real happy with the MPVI2 and my new tune.

Subject vehicle 2009 Challenger R/T. Swapped the 3.06 to a 3.73 Getrag rear end. Ran the special function set gear ratio/tire size/init process. Immediate P0614 upon restart of vehicle. Cleared several times, tried reloading tunes, etc, no dice.

Used an old Diablo Predator to set gear ratio and tire size. Issue resolved. HPTuners needs to look in to this as it's an obvious problem with their software.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah no shit Speedy. Wiped out my ACC when I used it to fix speedo after going from 309 to 3.70 2016 challenger

If it was doing this to chevy's it woulda been sorted long ago
    [email protected]

don tanklage