Thread: 07 Charger 6.1 surging at IDLE help

07 Charger 6.1 surging at IDLE help

I have a sealed motor 6.1 that is Long tubes and e85 (hellcat inj) only. Car runs great but I can not keep it to stop loping at idle. Every once in awhile the surging will stop.. but it is persistent when in P/N or in D. Even putting the car in Reverse causes as well. I have played with TB Airflow data but not sure if I should keep playing with the 3 TB tables or if there is a fix somewhere else.

ANY and all help is appeciated. I have attached the stock read file, the current file on the car, and a log of showing the car surging. ***In the log the only thing I notice is abnormality in the O2 voltage reading on B1S1 and the STFT of B1 being much higher than the other side. The surge is also noticeable in the AJ 1 log as well.

AJ hellcat inj start up e85 VE 2.6 NN 800.hpt
    AJ Surge at IDLE.hpl
    AJ 1.hpl
    AJ stock read file.hpt

there is alot of things wrong with your file but your biggest issue is your injector scaling is the reason why it is loping at idle. fix that and it will be good. also turn the ANN switch off and no need to mess with the air flow tables or the Tq friction table . drop the rpm as it doesnt need to set at 800 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by MI_Tuning View Post
    there is alot of things wrong with your file but your biggest issue is your injector scaling is the reason why it is loping at idle. fix that and it will be good. also turn the ANN switch off and no need to mess with the air flow tables or the Tq friction table . drop the rpm as it doesnt need to set at 800 rpm.
    What do you recommend for injector scaling? Scale them in using inj Pw vs Fuel trim histo???

I raised rpm to help with surging but I will follow your suggestion and see if it helps. Thanks ��

Quote Originally Posted by christianreid22 View Post
    What do you recommend for injector scaling? Scale them in using inj Pw vs Fuel trim histo???

I raised rpm to help with surging but I will follow your suggestion and see if it helps. Thanks ��
    message me on my FB Mario Cominotti . ill help you out as i dont spend much time on here

Quote Originally Posted by MI_Tuning View Post
    message me on my FB Mario Cominotti . ill help you out as i dont spend much time on here
    Unfortuantely, I can not find the correct profile. Can you pm me a link to your profile? Or provide your email via pm? Thanks