Thread: Help With 4.2l Envoy fuel tables

Potential Tuner

Help With 4.2l Envoy fuel tables

Hi all, new to the forums and the software, I have an idea on the speed density tuning on gen3 and up motors but from the info I took from that I'm having trouble getting my graphs and everything set up on my envoy, could someone look at them and point me in the right direction?

I'm also now having a bit of a stumble at start up (hangs at 400 or so for a second before going up) and idle goes up and down slightly before leveling out, I know that has to do with settings in the fuel map since it was fine before making adjustments there, if someone can point out that issue and explain it so I can prevent it in the future that would be great!

I've been trying to keep things smooth but every adjustment after logging feels like it makes it want to look like rolling mountains?

I've removed the o2 sensor and installed my wideband there and changed settings to keep it in open loop

also made transmission changes

I'll post the tune and data log from the last little drive as well as the new adjustment I made after that log to get opinions on what I'm doing wrong. These are about 3 changes from stock if I remember correctly, I ended up starting over to try and see if I screwed up something the last time but still having issues.

Last log - 20-06-24 13-08-31.hpl

Tune that was applied during last log - Envoy REV10.hpt

Tune created from last log (haven't data logged yet) - Envoy REV11.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Just wanted to give an update on idle, had to go move it quickly and now that the motor has cooled the start up is smoother, it doesn't go up and down, also doesn't get stuck at the lower rpm briefly

Potential Tuner
    I keep trying to figure out what the problem may be but no luck, am I doing things right by using Afr error values and using paste special multiply by half? One change seems to throw things way off

Potential Tuner
    Looks like I've been doing it completely wrong, found a file from lsracing and compared it, on that file all the ve tables had 5% taken out of them, not sure what that does just yet but I'll log and see what changes, did a little more changes to my transmission shift schedules and tcc as well

Potential Tuner
    Following.....