Thread: want to burn some tires and make my truck pop and crackle

Tuner in Training

want to burn some tires and make my truck pop and crackle

I have no cats its only long tubes true dual and super 10s going to the side exiting to the passenger side its a 2001 chevy silverado with a 4.8L used to have a 5.3 but the boy blew a piston and planing on putting a lq4 and a turbo in it ive been trying to make this truck do some sick burnouts but the truck doesnt have a traction control button so I zeroed everything on the traction control and it still tends to hook and all i get is reving and no smell of tires and the crackle and pop i dont know how to do with out the engine blowing up on me heres the file if u need it see wht i have to do.2001 chevy silverado 5.3 attempt #2.hpt

The 4.8 lacks horsepower and torque. I don't see this thing do "sick" burnouts at the snap of the finger.

Best you can do is disabled the engine torque mngt and the disable the abuse mode so it stops trying to cut power. Change up your power enrichment settings so it comes on sooner and see what happens.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    when you say power enrichment do you mean the ect adder or the iat adder or the eq ratio? and how much should i go up without going kaboom

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanvelez21 View Post
    when you say power enrichment do you mean the ect adder or the iat adder or the eq ratio? and how much should i go up without going kaboom
    the IAT adder is all 0s

Tuner in Training
    Should i mess with the ECT limits on torque mangment or is tht a no go

Power enrichment has enable settings it must meet to enable it. Just look at the file.

There are MAP, throttle, rpm and torque values you must meet before it can enter. Edit those to how you want them. Do some more reading on that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

If you want it to crackle a lot, a few more things you can do in addition to power enrichment adjustments...

First, turn off DFCO (Decel Fuel Cutoff). That will stop PCM from cutting fuel when you release the throttle.

Then if that isn't enough for you, reduce the timing in your DECEL areas where the crackle is desired. For the timing to work, you need to have a lot of overlap on your cam. But firing the spark late enough when it's just fuel in there on a closed throttle can light it in the pipes. Warning with that last part, it's pretty tough on exhaust valves, so use with caution. But at the end of the day it's your truck. Up to you. From the title of this post, I see you are looking to mess around lol.

Tuner in Training
    alright time to get some good looking valves baby

Quote Originally Posted by Juanvelez21 View Post
    alright time to get some good looking valves baby
    What have I done? LOL

Tuner in Training
    so no burnouts

You'll need the powaaaa for that, or some skinny old bald tires. Make sure all the TM is off, and of course, optimize the tune for more low end torque.

Another note for the "fireball mode" as it's otherwise called is you can make that optional. You can wire in a switch to throw your IAT sensor to ground anytime you want a timing reduction. Most do this for nitrous, but others, well... This could be a use for that. When you throw the IAT to ground it will register the coldest temp on the table. From there just put in whatever number you want it to pull when you throw the switch.

I'm getting a vision.... yeah there it is... I think I know what you're probably doing this weekend lol.

In the meantime, I'm gonna say a prayer for that 4.8.

Windshield washer pump, jug of ATF, nozzle aimed in front of the rear tires...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Windshield washer pump, jug of ATF, nozzle aimed in front of the rear tires...
    YEAH! what he said.... thats a fun party trick but before you use it you have to say the magic words.... "You call that a burn out! Hold my beer and watch this $H!T" LOL

Tuner in Training
    Even better time to brake some diffs
    And a 4.8l

Tuner in Training
    All i know is the lifters are going out now which is good