Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G37 Timing changes no effect

Tuner in Training

G37 Timing changes no effect

Trying to calibrate a 2011 G37 on my chassis dyno and the timing changes i am making are having no effect on logged timing or torque read by the dyno.

SH_7059, ECM, Nissan is the controller

Which tables are you ladies/gentlemen using to achieve a ignition timing change?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    alot of times in low oct the stock timing are already aggressive from factory

your fueling is something that you can work on
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Im aware of the tuning process. The actual issue I am having is my changes are not having an effect. If your concerned I?m trying to tune past the knock threshold, I tried to reduce the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by geogak View Post
    Im aware of the tuning process. The actual issue I am having is my changes are not having an effect. If your concerned I?m trying to tune past the knock threshold, I tried to reduce the timing.
    I tested the same thing on an 2008 Infiniti G37, turned all the timing to -20 to prove your point... Datalogged the exact same timing for both ignition and cam timing when adjusted. I fear that the tune for Infiniti's don't work at all. I had a guy drive an hour out to tune, wasted $200 to tune it and had to refund him because there was 0 change in the car after even the most aggressive of tunes. Support asked for a datalog, sure I can't get that guy to drive back from Boston for a log.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TewSlo View Post
    I tested the same thing on an 2008 Infiniti G37, turned all the timing to -20 to prove your point... Datalogged the exact same timing for both ignition and cam timing when adjusted. I fear that the tune for Infiniti's don't work at all. I had a guy drive an hour out to tune, wasted $200 to tune it and had to refund him because there was 0 change in the car after even the most aggressive of tunes. Support asked for a datalog, sure I can't get that guy to drive back from Boston for a log.
    My client is coming back to switch to uprev, but before I do that I will post up logs here.

If we can get support in on it that would be great, as I would prefer to use HP tuners. I like the tool and interface and get great results with most other vehicles.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    guys i would raise all your concerns to support. i am sure they will make it right
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by geogak View Post
    My client is coming back to switch to uprev, but before I do that I will post up logs here.

If we can get support in on it that would be great, as I would prefer to use HP tuners. I like the tool and interface and get great results with most other vehicles.
    I doubt you will see a difference with Uprev. The timing tables do very little. You can take 20 points out of the timing map, power will fall for a pull or two and it will be right back where you started timing and power wise. Has to do with the adaptive learning on the knock sensors. My M56S was the same way. At WOT it always leveled out about 21-22* advance regardless of the values you put in the timing maps. Best you can do is flatten out the table at WOT and let the system learn the knock threshold on its own. Adjust the fueling and VVEL mapping for peak power and go.
    Last edited by Fast4.7; 07-01-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    There is something that has to be missing. I have tried every variation with all of the timing/trimming tables with zero effect on timing. The customers want this pop tuning and it can be done on other tuners. I am about to just switch away from HPTuners onto one of the other tuners to get this to work. I have 17 guys inline for this stupid pop and bang tune and I cannot get the timing low enough to function properly for them. If anyone has any ideas or info, please share. Im about ready to give up.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    There is something that has to be missing. I have tried every variation with all of the timing/trimming tables with zero effect on timing. The customers want this pop tuning and it can be done on other tuners. I am about to just switch away from HPTuners onto one of the other tuners to get this to work. I have 17 guys inline for this stupid pop and bang tune and I cannot get the timing low enough to function properly for them. If anyone has any ideas or info, please share. Im about ready to give up.
    We will be coming out with an update with additional instructions and tables to how to control timing soon. The other tuners overwrite the OEM timing strategy with "simplified" versions that completely negate all of the extensive OEM failsafes and compensations while having to pay an additional fee for their "custom features", we're doing it with the OEM system. Sorry for the inconvenience this has been, hopefully you can remain patient while we add this in.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    We will be coming out with an update with additional instructions and tables to how to control timing soon. The other tuners overwrite the OEM timing strategy with "simplified" versions that completely negate all of the extensive OEM failsafes and compensations while having to pay an additional fee for their "custom features", we're doing it with the OEM system. Sorry for the inconvenience this has been, hopefully you can remain patient while we add this in.
    Oh! This is good news. Will you be announcing the update? At least I can tell my customers the feature will be coming in an update.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Oh! This is good news. Will you be announcing the update? At least I can tell my customers the feature will be coming in an update.
    More than likely will just be a silent roll out, but I can keep you updated here on when it happens.

Advanced Tuner
    Which platforms will this be released for? All of the currently supported Nissan/Infiniti models?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    More than likely will just be a silent roll out, but I can keep you updated here on when it happens.
    Please do. I have 10+ VVEL cars waiting for their "pop" tune and I don't want to release a half assed tune but id like to get it going asap. Thanks!
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Which platforms will this be released for? All of the currently supported Nissan/Infiniti models?
    All except VR30, VR30 platform already has direct timing control. You'll have to ask Nissan why they decided to switch

Advanced Tuner
    All except VR30, VR30 platform already has direct timing control. You'll have to ask Nissan why they decided to switch
    Is this an update that would be coming in weeks or months? I just want to figure out how im going to go about starting these tunes by waiting or promising an update in the near future.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

Advanced Tuner
    Oh god. LOL!
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    you are referring to uprevs arc license. along with that "additional fee", these "custom features" come launch control, simplified timing maps, rolling anti-lags, flat foot shifting, along with the switchable 5 maps and real time tunning. well worth the extra 100 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Hines View Post
    you are referring to uprevs arc license. along with that "additional fee", these "custom features" come launch control, simplified timing maps, rolling anti-lags, flat foot shifting, along with the switchable 5 maps and real time tunning. well worth the extra 100 bucks.
    I am fully aware of what the features consist of, thank you. My response was relevant to the conversation topic. Their simplified timing eliminates a great deal of OEM failsafes. In no way did I mention anything about their other features.

Advanced Tuner
    I am fully aware of what the features consist of, thank you. My response was relevant to the conversation topic. Their simplified timing eliminates a great deal of OEM failsafes. In no way did I mention anything about their other features.
    Being that I check for Beta updated daily, is there something that will stand out on the spark/timing section to let me/us know when the changes have been made? I only say this because of the silent roll out comment. Thanks.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

Do we have a timeline? I have numerous customers waiting on this update..