Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G37 Timing changes no effect

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    More than likely will just be a silent roll out, but I can keep you updated here on when it happens.
    Any updates on this? I don't mean to be pushy at all, I just have a lot of money on the line with customers waiting to get tuned.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Advanced Tuner
    Any updates? I'm waiting also to us Hptuners over UpRev for tuning. But if its not working correctly yet, I have to use UpRev, which I'd much rather use HpTuners...

Yeah I'm hoping for some timeline because there's virtually nothing we can do for these cars are the moment with this software to put it plainly..

Potential Tuner
    I was looking to give this a try but with the posts I have seen I will hold off

Potential Tuner
    Any updates for the g37’s and Zs yet regarding timing issues ?

Tuner
    Wish i seen this post before I license the car damn it!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GCtech View Post
    Wish i seen this post before I license the car damn it!!
    Did you get to try it out ? Any changes ?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jmscho3 View Post
    Did you get to try it out ? Any changes ?
    All ignition tables are useless including Knock Tables only tables that work are fuel and MAF 1 is not defined correctly

Potential Tuner
    New here sorry...Just an FYI Nissan doesn't calculate timing the same. Most manufacturers count deg before top dead center. Nissan counts time until essentially propagation. another interesting note is Nissan bases timing off of base fuel schedule vs rpm.. (this is also noted in Nissan's OEM service manuals)
    I guess what I'm saying is also be careful about adjusting the base fuel schedule as this can have an affect on ignition timing.
    I too understand everyone's frustration (I'm having a weird anomaly with a data recording on a 2012 Frontier Pro4x wb eq says lean , aem uego says rich)
    Let's be patient and hope HPTuners creates a fix soon, and in the meantime please share any and all information you find to help , I think HPT would like that too.

Tuner in Training
    New here as well. Also new to tuning imports. After not being able to read my early 07 350z I was told by support that I'd need a newer ECU for it to work. I played around and did some digging and had a local guy reflash my ECU with a 2008 ROM and what do you know, connected to HPT and works great without touching the hardware, and I added cruise control in the process...heck yeah! I let them know in support what I was able to do to hopefully keep up the interest in development of hpt for nissan. Not a lot of interest it seems in the Nissan community, I'm hoping the guys in support don't give up. I really like the format and the price (comparatively). I'm currently fabbing up a mid-mount turbo set up and it looks to me that i've got access to the right parameters to get the afr correct as long as the fuel and air scaling work properly.

Tuner in Training
    Same as above, new to the HP tuners platform and have been looking into purchasing HP tuners for my VQ37 as its the most economical platform that will both allow me to tune and turn of NATS ( Nissan Anti Theft ). I will be converting my VQ30DET Powered Nissan Gloria to a VQ37 & 7SPD auto with a GTW3884 and hope that HP tuners will allow me to tame this beast. I'm glad that HP tuners picked up the Nissan platform and excited to see what functionality they have in store for the future.

Potential Tuner
    Would like this feature added for the 350/370z, knocking back a lot of work because they of this, also if we can get some method of DFCO off control, at the moment only looks like 'Fuel Cut Lower Limit" ECM 8356 does anything but maxes out at 3188RPM

Potential Tuner

Thumbs down Any news on timing adjustment for the Zs?

Quote Originally Posted by jmscho3 View Post
    Any updates for the g37?s and Zs yet regarding timing issues ?

Tuner in Training
    Must have been a very silent roll out lol

Potential Tuner

Thumbs down returned MPVI2+ and will go with UpRev

Quote Originally Posted by Zever View Post
    Must have been a very silent roll out lol
    should have read this forum before buy MPVI2 for Nissan 370z