Thread: 2014 up Corvette Manual Transmission Differential swap

Tuner in Training

2014 up Corvette Manual Transmission Differential swap

I have a customer wanting to buy gears and change gear ratios on a 2016 Manual trans base model, he does not want any tuning because he has full warranty/extended on his car and tuning voids his warranty.
    Im under the impression it IS required to adjust the speedometer. He is changing from stock to a 4.11 ratio

Im looking for confirmation that it does or does not require tuning to make this work.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by vetttech; 06-25-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Tuner
    Changing gears would void the warranty as well, should something fail and he takes it to a dealer and they can prove its what caused the failure. Tuning a car doesn't void anything. Having a dealer look at a failed car with modifications directly causing the failure does. Tell him not to mess with his car if hes that worried about it, shouldn't be modifying anything if that's the case.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Changing gears would void the warranty as well, should something fail and he takes it to a dealer and they can prove its what caused the failure. Tuning a car doesn't void anything. Having a dealer look at a failed car with modifications directly causing the failure does. Tell him not to mess with his car if hes that worried about it, shouldn't be modifying anything if that's the case.
    Tuning a vehicle or changing even one item will void a GM warranty. The tunes are scanned through GM on powertrain claims so see if they have been altered. He is not worried about changing the gear, he IS worried about altering the factory tune.

Tuner
    I work at a dealer, I know how the void process works. If he changes out the rear end, which will most likely set codes if not adjusted in the tune and freak the car out in the first place, and he for some reason blows up the engine, trans, axle, whatever, I'm sure they could say the new gearing effected it to cause the failure. Anything to avoid having to pay out. SO, if he doesn't want to risk losing his warranty for any reason, just leave the car as is and build something else.