Thread: 2012 charger 3.6 mid mount tuning help

Potential Tuner

2012 charger 3.6 mid mount tuning help

I'm in need of really big help. I'm about to install a mid mount turbo ( holset hx40 8 blade with a custom .82 ar t3 turbine and remote wastegate ) behind the transmission in a few weeks and i need help creating a tune for it. I've spent the last month googling and learning ( just ask my wife she things i'm cheating on her with Dave from State farm lol ). I've been using HP to scan and edit small things on my car trying to get use to it. i do get a little lost on setting up some of the tables in my scanner but this forum and videos have been helping out. I'm down to building the charge pipe from the turbo to my intercooler and hopefully i'll get that this weekend. Here is a list of my parts setup.

Holset hx40 8 blade with a Turbo Labs t3 .82 ar turbine
    custom 2 1/2 mandrel bent 2 into1 exhaust pipe ( manifold to turbo )
    custom 3 into dual 2 1/2 exhaust ( turbo to rear bumper )
    ebay Tial 44mm wastegate with valve machined for better fitment
    ebay 40mm greddy floating valve blow off
    universal 25x12x3 EMUSA intercooler mounted behind the grill
    Turboworx Spartan oil scavenging pump
    -8 an one way check valve
    Innovate SCG-1 boost controller and wideband
    Innovate MTX-D ethanol and fuel temp
    mopar 5149056AA map
    Speedlogix two gauge overhead pod
    exhaust wrap and turbo blanket

The plan is to get everything up and running and see how far i can push the stock injector before replacing them. E85 will be a swap in at that point. And i'm working on a custom aluminum methanol tank to go where the spare tire was. Help setting up the correct tables and how to edit for the turbo would be great. By the way i come for the handheld tuning side of the world and a lot of the this is new to me. But i really want to learn every bit of it. Tuning has always been a passion just never into it and now im hooked. pic to come

Advanced Tuner
    Put the larger injectors in NOW.

I also don't see a wideband listed.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for the delay but my dad had a heart attack. He?s going to be fine but it was scary there for a min. Going to the hospital with the Covid 19 crap sucks. My innovate scg-1 has a built in wideband. I looked at the Deatschwerks 16u-00-0065-6. Any other suggestions. Any pros and cons of these.