Thread: 8l90e in c6 vette e38 + e92 running one engine?

Tuner in Training

8l90e in c6 vette e38 + e92 running one engine?

Feel free to roast me, as I have struggled to find info about the e92 tuning, especially in relation to torque management for the 8l90e... (what sensors I need to make the e92 / t87 happy, what control of the engine I need to make it work).

Not exactly sure where to post this, but my idea is oriented around running a 8l90e in my c6. An 8l90 from a c7 is fairly cheap, and a fully built 8l90e would be spot on for my 13 c6 (TT+darton sleeves etc). I think the cost of a billet shaft + clutches + an 8l90 is very similar to the cost of getting a full clutch/planetary setup for my 6l80e, and I think it would be stronger/faster too. Not sure.

So my basic line of thinking is to run the factory e38 for just injectors, with signal split on the crank and cam sensor. It's a gen 4 based engine, so a bunch of the sensors are shared. TPS is my one confusion point, as most other things could just receive a second sensor or be split (coolant temps, o2 etc).

Then run the e92 and t87 on the l86 throttle body (would need to get an adapter for my intake manifold), and direct control the ignition, that way the ECU can pull timing and close throttle for shifts. I imagine I would need to put in a second set of upstream o2's for the e92 (haven't looked at pin outs yet). I am unsure about how much control the 2014/2015 e92 has, ie can I basically just run a 0ms injector timing? Or would I have to run real injector timings? I would be fine with leaving a set of DI injectors plugged in to just keep the ecu happy. Fuel low pressure line voltage changes in relation to load might be a little tricky, but the sensor it's self is the same as gen 4...

If you can see any obvious pitfalls here, let me know. Or just your thoughts in general. I know there are a lot of tuners on here who are much more competent in this than I, and if this is a feasible task tuning wise, I'd also love to find someone to remote tune me. LOL but might be asking for too much on a high hp tt engine!

Hmm this could be interesting..

The e92 and e38 can run together I?m doing it on my personal c7 but instead of trans control I?m using the e38 only for fuel control and splitting signals from e92

May need to talk to Chris Crawford! He?s the electrical guru behind it