Thread: running out of limits on ve table

Tuner in Training

running out of limits on ve table

Hello, i have a heavily modified ls2 in a 2000 corvette z51, p01 computer.

Some info on the build,
    - lsxr102 intake
    - Patriot cnc ported heads 64cc combustion chamber
    - H-beam forged rods
    - Wiseco forged pistons domed
    - 12.5:1 compression
    - 65cc FAST injectors
    - 255lph fuel pump
    - Cam motion custom grind 240/252 [email protected] 660 665 ish i believe, lost my cam card lol
    - 90mm silver blade tb
    - p01 ecm
    - lingenfelter cam/crank sensor box to convert to gen 3
    - long tube headers
    - x pipe
    - billy boat prt tailpipes

Probably forgetting some useful information, if you need something to help me just ask and ill look.

So, on to the problem, ive had the car idling, running decent, driving decent, when i try anything over 50%ish throttle under 4000 rpm it spikes lean past 17.0afr after 4000 rpm its over 10.0afr at wot. anywhere else in the trottle range things work as they should. Cruise afr is 14.7-14.9, idle afr is around 15.0.
    I for the life of me can not get the afr to drop ive pulled the ve table so low its at 19 at wot. I had my injector flow rate set to match my injectors and the car wouldn't even run it was beyond rich. im at a loss, theres probably something simple im overlooking or ive just got this entire tune wrong. Any insight would be appreciated. I can add links to log files and can make new ones to post if needed, i have every step of the tune ive done saved separately if those are needed too.

Thank you!
    Last edited by jake ls2 c5; 07-22-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Yes, post the tune and logs.

There is more to the injector data than just the flow rate. If those injectors have no data for min injector pulse, offset vs voltage or short pulse adder you either need to get that data or find better injectors that have it.

And make sure you have solid fuel pressure at all times. It can't dip way down when you stab the throttle and come back like a freight train above a certain rpm. Needs to stay constant at 58psi. I probably wouldn't trust the factory filter/regulator on something like this, it's something you should look at.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    my corvette 10.9 aft wot.hpt vbnm.hpl

Here's the most recent files

Tuner in Training
    thanks, ill check into my fuel pressures, and ill check for any info on the injectors now. should be something online.

Here's a little more information for you too.

If you are trying to tune the VE table with a wideband o2 sensor you can not have closed loop or fuel trims enabled. It must run in open loop only so nothing alters the fueling and the MAF needs to be failed within the tune to do this also.

And this computer being a 2000 calibration uses the secondary VE table only when tuning in speed density. So any change you make to the primary table does nothing.

If you keep this on the stock operating system you must make the changes to the secondary VE table first. The primary and secondary table need to have the same data still though. So you can copy the matching rows over between the two and interpolate to create the rest of the table and smooth it as needed. The secondary table has less resolution.

Or the other option is to click the OS tab and upgrade to the speed density enhanced OS that remove the secondary VE completely.

I have no idea on those injectors, so make sure that data is right. The tune now says they have roughly 30lb/hr injectors, that kinda looks like stock data to me but I don't know what you changed there.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 07-22-2020 at 10:40 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I’ve personally made around 1350rwhp using the VE table on the p01... my guess is you are just running out of fuel and requesting more and just tapped out

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    That is the stock data for the injectors, i tried to change it to 65 and i couldnt get the car to run. i did find this though https://www.deatschwerks.com/sites/w...%20Summary.pdf

This is the data sheet for the manufacturer of the fast injectors

Tuner in Training
    the problem isnt having not enough fuel, i have way too damn much at wot

I should have read more close.. of data is right, odd you are having issues.. if I get a moment on my tune Computer I’ll take a look for ya..

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I should have read more close.. of data is right, odd you are having issues.. if I get a moment on my tune Computer I’ll take a look for ya..
    chances are my data is far from right, this is the first time ive messed with hpt at all. and i got this far and it feels like i hit a brick wall lol

Tuner in Training
    Well ill get back with you guys tomorrow, ive gotta give it up for tonight, gotta get some sleep in before work. ill take what you said into consideration and try to fix my injector data with the sheet i found. and change my tune so nothing alters my ve table. ill send updates. thanks