Thread: 1986 s10 lq4 swap wont ldle

Tuner in Training

1986 s10 lq4 swap wont ldle

lq4 swap with a powerglide stock everything accept 243 heads and speed engineering headers for s10 swap did the 1 bar SD tune to it

car is running like shit cant idle backfires etc. is it a crank position sensor? thanks for viewing
    Attached Files Attached Files

The fuel trims are maxed out lean, so you have a big problem there.

Either a very bad vacuum leak or your fuel pressure is way too low. Needs to be 58psi.

And set the MAF fail high to 0hz in the engine diag tab if the MAF is no longer being used.

Get a wideband if you don't have one yet, you need it to calibrate the fueling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The fuel trims are maxed out lean, so you have a big problem there.

Either a very bad vacuum leak or your fuel pressure is way too low. Needs to be 58psi.

And set the MAF fail high to 0hz in the engine diag tab if the MAF is no longer being used.

Get a wideband if you don't have one yet, you need it to calibrate the fueling.

thanks for answering. yes I have the wideband its measuring from 15-22 afr I know that's bad. but looking at the rpm gauge on the scanner it seems like its a intermittent signal? I have a code for the crank shaft sensor po336 my fuel pressure is dead on 58. how can I test the the crank shaft position sensor

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by perrone123 View Post
    thanks for answering. yes I have the wideband its measuring from 15-22 afr I know that's bad. but looking at the rpm gauge on the scanner it seems like its a intermittent signal? I have a code for the crank shaft sensor po336 my fuel pressure is dead on 58. how can I test the the crank shaft position sensor

Ok nobody cares. Well if anybody does I changed the ckp I can now rev it for only 2 seconds then it dies

It's the weekend, can't help everyone.

So now it stays running but dies when it's revved or it starts, runs for two seconds and dies?

Did you change the MAF fail settings too?

I'd also disable codes P1626 and P1631 for the VATS system.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's the weekend, can't help everyone.

So now it stays running but dies when it's revved or it starts, runs for two seconds and dies?

Did you change the MAF fail settings too?

I'd also disable codes P1626 and P1631 for the VATS system.
    Yes stays running but dies when it?s revved and when it starts

Yes changed the maf to 0

Okay I?ll change that

Now it won?t show my fuel trims

Idk I?ll keep you updated

If the scanner if filled with too many channels, it can stop reporting some data. So if some of the things you are logging aren't really need anymore just remove them. Then re-poll for supported parameters under the vehicles tab and see if things work.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you so much sir