Thread: Trouble licensing ECU

Potential Tuner

Trouble licensing ECU

Hey can I ask a question about credits? I recently purchased mpvi2 and used it on a gen 3 chev truck using 2 credits. It worked great.
    And today I downloaded a tune from one vehicle (gen3 chev )and tried to write that tune on my swapped vehicle (also gen 3 chev) and asked for 2 credits. So i clicked yes it took my 2 credits. And then prompted me to write vehicle again I clicked write. And then it said it was unlicensed and needs 2 credits.

So it took the 2 credits and didnt unlock the ecu

Can someone tell me where I could have went wrong?

Click the blue information dot in the editor and click it again in the new window.

It will show you what you have a license for. Match the serial numbers with the files you think you licensed.

Here is a warning. Never write a file that doesn't belong to your computer into it. As in do not download a file from the repository or from another vehicle and try to flash that into your own personal vehicle/computer. It will cost you credits and sometimes more than you think. As it will ask you to license the new file and then it could ask for another license after the write because you just created a new VIN/OS on your own computer using another file.

If you find information you want to use from another vehicle that has a matching OS/Computer (P01/P59) just copy and paste the information you want. This way you won't screw anything up and it doesn't cost you credits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yes that is what happened. My credits went towards the ecu that I pulled the tune from. Thank you for your reply .