Thread: 2007 GT500 ETC FMEM Failsafe

2007 GT500 ETC FMEM Failsafe

Hello All,
    Working on a 2007 GT500 fully built with KB 3.6LC, KB dual 75MM TB, return style fuel system and ID1700 injectors. Problem I'm having is if car is revved above 5k rpm it goes into ETC FMEM on decel. Happens with free rev or on the dyno. When it goes ETC FMEM, it also goes into fuel cut and failsafe. I have worked on the DBW OLFF table and have everything dialed in pretty close. I was hoping that would resolve my issue, but no luck. I've had throttle body off several times and it seems to be operating smoothly. Even tried a new TB motor. TPS at KOEO is set to .68 volts like KB recommends and minimum throttle angle is set to 0. There isn't any wheel torque error when it happens either. I've attached the tune and a data log with a free rev above 5K showing the issue. What could be causing this issue? I've been racking my brain for weeks with no resolution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Paul
    Modern Muscle Motorsports
    www.modernmusclemotorsports.com
    Custom tuning using Diablosport, SCT, HP Tuners, Tuner Cat, FAST & Holley
    Dynojet 224x mobile dyno

Tuner in Training
    Hey Paul,
    Im no Tuner, but i think you have your WOT start and end settings wrong....
    On yours, you have it starting WOT at 150 ad counts... and disable WOT at 450... from what i have seen, you want the start point to be higher, like 460 ad counts and disable at 450 ad counts. You might try that.
    Last edited by sarimgt500; 06-27-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks Sarimgt500 for taking a look. I'm pretty sure that's not causing my issue. Lowering the WOT start point is done to bypass IPC error checks until the throttle body can be dialed in properly. Once throttle body is dialed in, I put those numbers back closer to stock.
    Paul
    Dynojet 224x mobile dyno

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Muscle View Post
    Thanks Sarimgt500 for taking a look. I'm pretty sure that's not causing my issue. Lowering the WOT start point is done to bypass IPC error checks until the throttle body can be dialed in properly. Once throttle body is dialed in, I put those numbers back closer to stock.
    I see..... I was under the impression it would make the computer think it is not at WOT under those counts. Even though you have it transitioning to WOT at 150 counts.

I am trying to learn to tune my own Kenne Bell TB as well! its clearly not going well. lol

A free self serving bump!

Any ideas what could cause ETC FMEM on decel?
    Paul
    Dynojet 224x mobile dyno

Problem solved!

Just an update. Got failsafe issue on decel solved. Had to disable the supercharger inlet pressure test. There maybe a way to modify some settings for the SIP slope to resolve it as well, but haven't figured that out yet. But once I disabled the SIP test it didn't failsafe again and had good throttle response.

Sip Test Disable.PNG
    Paul
    Dynojet 224x mobile dyno