Thread: E67 VSS Input - Auto to Manual

Potential Tuner

E67 VSS Input - Auto to Manual

I'm setting up an E67 out of a 2008 5.3 Trailblazer with the L96/T56 in my 1970 Chevelle. I haven't fired the engine yet but the scanner is showing a constant 158mph for vehicle speed. I've got the VSS from the T56 wired to C3 pins 66 and 67 like they would be in a manual transmission application. There are lots of threads from about 10 years ago where people were having this problem and it seemed like a solution was pretty close. After a decade in software improvements, is there a way to get an automatic OS to read a VSS signal without adding a TCM? Adding the function to control reverse lockout for the T56 would also be great.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having a similar problem.
    2010 Colorado 5.3 (LH9) E67 Automatic system to a manual and need to get my VSS signal landed. Would love to know more about a functional process to convert the E67 to a manual OS if that is even possible. Or is it best to buy a PCM from a MANUAL LS car and rewire based on its pinout...
    Anyone?

Tuner in Training
    I've been afraid of a similar problem, so I'm going a different direction.

I'm using a 5.3 truck engine with a e38 ECM. I'll have that e38 reflashed by a dealer tech to a manual-trans Camaro ls3 tune. Then I'll go back in, and convert the tune back to a 5.3 by hand-copying tables. It should work, but I can't guarantee it yet.

Open your new file, then open old file as Compare File.

Click Compare > View Comparison Log

Right-click on an item in the tree and you have options of Copy Selected Differences (only the thing you clicked on and the things under it) or Copy All Differences (copies over everything in the tune regardless of where you've right-clicked; you probably don't want to do this). Hit the Refresh button up top to see if any changes failed to stick.

Some things will not copy over like the DTC list, you'll have to go through that manually.

Edit: Also, some tables may have different scaling, those won't copy over. Have to tweak them manually if there are any.