Thread: MPVI2 and wideband and 2001 chevy

Tuner in Training

MPVI2 and wideband and 2001 chevy

Hello please excuse me if this has been ask to many times but i'm new and getting confused so I am hoping to get some help from the experienced. I have a 411 swap in a 2001 S10 and i'm needing to find a wideband to help me tune it. I'm using a MPVI2 but not the pro features. I'm sorry but i'm tired of feeling like i'm getting nickel and dimed to death, is there a wideband that is fairly economical that will read my AFR and work with the MPVI2 without spending another $250 for the pro set?

Yeah you have a few options. I'd say some of the most popular are the AEM widebands. They have a few ranging from like $170-200 and they work great. I've used several of them over the years with no issues.

I had the older 41-4100 AEM but it's now a better version with a better 4.9 LSU sensor, that one is the 41-4110.

They also have the 30-0300 with the same sensor but the gauge looks slightly different and has buttons. I think this one is a tad cheaper.

Your options for logging them are either using a serial adapter to log it with HP Tuners or you can use an existing pin on the computer that is a 5v reference circuit. The most common is the EGR circuit as nobody ever keeps that. The wideband can be wired to the correct EGR pin on the computer and a custom channels can be created to log it. There are many threads and even youtube video's about doing both. I've never done it the serial way but used the EGR way just fine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, I appreciate it. I was looking at the AEM 30-0300 till I noticed that I would need to spend more money on the pro version, I just want to tune this truck not go bankrupt all at once. I will look into using the EGR circuit.

I'm pretty sure both widebands comes with the power/ground and input/output wires, so either would work for wiring into a serial adapter or using the EGR circuit.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, I just looked into using the EGR circuit and it looks simple enough. I don't mind in the future upgrading to the MPVI2 pro or some other option but for today I just need to get it done. The AEM 30-0300 looks like a good scanner that will work for my needs today and next year.

Thank you for your help.