Thread: L83 Engine Swap electrical issues

Potential Tuner

L83 Engine Swap electrical issues

Hello everyone, I have swapped a l83 into a 97 Silverado. When I start the engine sometimes it idles just fine for a few seconds and then it will just rev up, other times almost it revs instantly. Its like when you mash the accelerator a small amount it doesn't affect it, and then you mash it a little further and it revs up without your foot on the gas. Sometimes the rpm's don't show up and the speed shows 255, and then it does the opposite. sometimes it doesn't read the map sensor, it doesn't show the transmission in part until I crank it. I have checked all my grounds, I have sent the harness back out to have it looked over and I have also pinned it out and it pins out fine. Here are the codes When i read the engine OTC's P0097I intake temp sensor 2 circuit low.. P004 humidity sensor circuit low...PO113 intake air temperature sensor 1 circuit high.. PO691 fan 1 control circuit low Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated! I will attach my tune.base tune 6-28-20.hpt20-06-27 18-30-29.hpl
    Last edited by hollywoodjmack; 06-28-2020 at 08:52 PM.

May have better luck on performancetrucks.net or ls1tech.com getting a answer in regards to a vehicle specific swap

Potential Tuner
    thank you for responding