Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Having issues with tcc slip while commanding 0. 8l90 circle d triple disc

Quote Originally Posted by cadillactech View Post
    How many miles on it?
    on the truck 55,000~

On the converter less than 300

Finally got an answer as to what's going on.

I was on the phone with Circle D and the rep admitted to me not willingly (He suggested that clutches in my transmission were causing the slip) but after some educated discussion that they have hired some new machinists and while machining they had added a chamfer to the input receiver just behind the lockup apply seal. This in some cases once the fluid is hot allows enough to pass bye that apply is not maintained.

I'm guessing they don't want to openly admit this issue because there may be some liability involved. But I needed to know if the issue was actually resolved. Ive never known them to hide something like that and have used them for a couple builds. A bit disappointed. But Ill post back and confirm that everything is working properly once the converter is back in the truck.

Once the fix has been completed im going to call and see if I can get in touch with Chris himself.

That was it. With the rebuilt Converter Im not having any issues with lockup so far.

Advanced Tuner
    Did they address the machining issue going forward?

Glad you have your issue resolved!

Yes. its just a few thousands difference.

The camphor was the issue. I did talk to Chris about the issue and there were a very small number of converters that went out with this defect.

This issue can now be identified by logs. I would suggest if you think this is your issue you contact there support. They are now equipped to diagnose this issue.

Not fun for anybody involved but they are doing what they can for me at least to make it right.

Circle D did not know the cause of this issue until troubleshooting the converter we sent back but fixed 3 (if I remember correctly) in total with this issue at this point.

Message me if you have questions. Ill help where I can.
    Last edited by HellKnightHicks; 12-28-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Still going strong.

It’s more then just a few that have had this issue…

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    It’s more then just a few that have had this issue…
    Count me among the supposed few to have this problem. Just put a new factory converter in since my Circle D won?t hold lock.

Have a customer with an FTI and it’s doing some funky stuff too in third… started after the converter swap

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Dont worry, the GM converters arent any better these days....or transmissions for that matter. Made alot of money from these 10 speeds lol