Thread: Credits Issue

Potential Tuner

Credits Issue

Several months ago I purchased 6 Universal Credits to tune 1995-2005 Cavaliers. I tuned one car successfully and applied the license. It was a 2002. I bought the universal credits with the intention of tuning multiple cars. Today I attempted to write a 2nd car, a 2005 Cavalier and all indications are the 6 credits were alotted to the first. If I screwed up the purchase of the license, I would think I would still have 4 credits available but really if it was universal I should not be having this problem. Any idea?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnduroRacer View Post
    Several months ago I purchased 6 Universal Credits to tune 1995-2005 Cavaliers. I tuned one car successfully and applied the license. It was a 2002. I bought the universal credits with the intention of tuning multiple cars. Today I attempted to write a 2nd car, a 2005 Cavalier and all indications are the 6 credits were alotted to the first. If I screwed up the purchase of the license, I would think I would still have 4 credits available but really if it was universal I should not be having this problem. Any idea?
    year/model licenses are for 1 year of one model, not multiple years of 1 model. Sounds like you have the 2002 Cavalier license, nothing more nothing less according to what you are saying.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I purchased 6 credits. Your page says the unlimited license for 1995 - 2005 cavaliers is 6 credits. So you?re saying I can only flash 1 year? Why is it using 6 credits just for one car?

It's saying the year range you can purchase them from is 1997-2005. Then on the far right at the top is says Unlimited year/model. So that means it would be 6 credits to unlock one specific year like 2002. All 2002 computers after that first 6 credits would be free, you could tune 10 in a row that were 2002's.

If you spent your 6 credits you are only allowed to tune any 2002 Cavalier for basically free now. Any other year will cost you 2 credits for a single VCM license.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Basically, if I just want to write that specific 2005 vehicle, I would purchase 2 credits. If I have 3 or more 2005 I want to tune, purchase another 6 credit unlimited, correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    6 credits would get you the 2005 Cavalier unlimited year/model license

If you wanted to tune an unlimited amount of 2004 Cavalier it would be another 6 credits and so on.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks all. Sorry for the dumb questions!