Thread: 5.2L ALUMINATOR 5.2 XS CRATE ENGINE Calibration help

Tuner in Training

5.2L ALUMINATOR 5.2 XS CRATE ENGINE Calibration help

Im trying to calibrate a 5.2L Aluminator Crate Engine. I followed the Extra Steps in the sticky thread. I know another calibrator already had a go at calibrating this ECM and was unsuccessful. When i received custody of the vehicle it was not running (starts then stalls). I had a look through the tune and started with ensuring the right calibration for the injectors was loaded in. I got the idle control kind of working but every change i make has an effect i do not want. I am getting a code related to the throttle P2135. And in the calibration under airflow there are a lot of settings i do not understand. Mainly i am confused by the Sensor Type Selection, what does each number correlate to 0-9. 6 was selected and i did not change it.

SensorType.png

Also I tried putting the 2013 Cobra Jet throttle settings in and that makes the car way worse.

If i could get a logical walkthrough of how the ecu converts Driver demand into throttle angle and which tables are inferred and which are defining that would be great. Ive seen a lot of inverse tables in the calibration.

Idle003.hpt
    ReadFileBronco.hpt
    Last edited by geogak; 06-29-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Tuner
    Maybe put a stock 16 throttle body on it and input all the data from a stock file and try that as a start, what maf/cai are you using?