Thread: New to tuning . .

Potential Tuner

New to tuning . .

Hello all. I?m about to retune my 03 C5 with a 447ci in it . It has not be touched since 2007 ,regarding the tune. I?m sure many parameters have changed since 07 and a lot more things have been brought the table. I?m very mechanical and tech savvy for the most part. I?m semi familiar with the tables you can tune( fuel ,air etc ). I would like to know where would be a good starting point on the retune . Car was running 13.9 or a 14.0 on the AFR before I took it apart . Idle is rough when it?s cold and a little bit of other little things here and there . I?m fairly and very sure there?s a lot on the table for this car .. car got walked pretty bad by A C6Z with 10whp more than me.
    Any and all advice is welcome. I?m new to the game and any input is better than no input.
    Thanks

It ran 13.9 to 14.0 AFR at full throttle on your wideband before??

If so that is way too lean. It should be 14.7ish for stoich under normal conditions and commanding probably around 12.5 under full throttle.

Without the tune and logs, it's hard to comment on what you need to do.

The basics are just make sure some things are correct for what you are running. Make sure cylinder volume matches your engine size, make sure the injector data is correct. Check the MAP linear and offset settings (if an aftermarket MAP). Is this a speed density or a MAF car??

A stock MAF is probably way too small for 447 cubic inches.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.