Thread: Is there a BlueCat for the 8 and 10 speed cars?

Is there a BlueCat for the 8 and 10 speed cars?

Guys I?ve had a lot of success with the BlurCat software for the A4 and A6 transmission. Do y?all know if there?s a version for the 8 and 10 speed transmission? If you could provide a link for email me I would appreciate it. [email protected]

Thanks
    roger

I?d like to know too if anyone has this. [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    The current version 1.37 appears to support the 8L90 and the 10L90.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

I downloaded it, now does anyone have a good reference to how to use the software? I know a little about it but not too much and I'd like some info on what everything does. Also, I see there is no export for the Gen V stuff so I'll need to know what all the tables mean? There area 4 speed tables on bluecat and I'd assume they would export with names as to where to place them in the trans tune but there is no export option and the tables are not labeled.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonz28camaro View Post
    I downloaded it, now does anyone have a good reference to how to use the software? I know a little about it but not too much and I'd like some info on what everything does. Also, I see there is no export for the Gen V stuff so I'll need to know what all the tables mean? There area 4 speed tables on bluecat and I'd assume they would export with names as to where to place them in the trans tune but there is no export option and the tables are not labeled.
    I used this video for my 6L80e but I think the basics for BlueCAT still apply.

https://youtu.be/X8vi7A7RGEs

Yeah I watched that, it’s pretty good thanks. But I do not see much use if there no option to export on the 8 and 10 speeds at the moment

Advanced Tuner
    I thought BlueCat had the 8speed and 10speed option last time I looked.

Advanced Tuner
    it defiantly does them both. Here is the 10speedAnnotation 2020-08-10 110538.png

Try to select export. There’s no data to export, well at least on the one I’m using.

Advanced Tuner
    I did and there was. You might need to down load the newest version. This was version 1.37

Can you provide the correct link to download it or email it to me directly? Maybe I got a bogus copy of 1.37? When I hit export it brings up a window then there’s a speedo drop down you can select up to gen IV, there’s no gen V in the drop down. There’s also a shift table drop down that lists only 4 and 6 speeds. I can’t screen shot it because the drop down disappears.

[email protected]
    Last edited by jasonz28camaro; 08-11-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    For some reason my reply didn't come through.

I"m sorry I see what your saying now. I didn't try to go past the first step after clicking Export. My bad you are correct.