Thread: 6l90 - Trans shift mode question

Tuner in Training

6l90 - Trans shift mode question

I wanted to adjust the trans to use different shift points in sport mode. I went on the VCM scanner/transmission shift mode to determine which mode the computer is using in sport. Pattern A or pattern B. Normal drive shows as normal like it should. However when I go over to sport mode it still shows as normal? TUTD shows on the scanner but sport shows as normal. What am I missing? Currently normal, pattern A and pattern B all use the same shift parameters. Is that the problem?
    Car is a 2009 CTS V. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by MurderV2; 06-30-2020 at 02:23 AM.

Also looking for this information

Advanced Tuner
    No the tables can all be the same but the flags that meet what shift mode it is in determines what the Scanner reports.
    If you log the shift mode PID in channels it should show what pattern you are in when it engages and in my 2015 6 speed truck it shows pattern A, B and Normal WOT when in each mode.

Potential Tuner
    On my '12 cts v, pattern "A" is sport and pattern "B" is when the gear selector is in drive. VCM scanner shows when gear selector is in park its "normal", so cruise control may be "normal". In the editor, how do you have them defined. If they're defined the same, maybe they'll show up the same on the scanner.

Tuner in Training
    I'm also working with a CTS-V 6L90, OS 24264923, and when I view the transmission in the scanner it shows Pattern B in D6. It doesn't change from Pattern B if you drop down in D5. I can change/tune Pattern B to do what I want, but I would like to have a second mode active with D5...like Pattern A. Is this because there is no body module present or would a different 6L90 OS give me different options....maybe something from a truck or van?